- Job Title
- Intern: Engineering
- Job ID
- Aiken, SC 29808
- Other Location
Longenecker & Associates is seeking a Project Management Intern to support our work on our Department of Energy contracts based out of the Savannah River Site near Aiken, SC.
As an L&A Intern, you will contribute to vital work supporting the DOE mission and the National Security Enterprise. You will contribute a fresh perspective to our internal processes and systems and connect L&A to the evolving world of education and emerging business solutions. You will also bring enthusiasm and commitment to further initiatives that can improve our project oversight.
Essential Duties/Responsibilities (may include, but are not limited to):
- Uphold L&A’s core values,
- Meet all requirements of your institution’s internship program,
- Follow the intern work plan and timeline,
- Participate in team meetings, calls, and video conferences,
- Maintain appropriate communication with Mentor, team and intern coordinator,
- Conduct independent research and self-guided analysis as assigned,
- Assist in oversight of design, construction and testing of nuclear and non-nuclear facilities,
- Endeavor to apply engineering concepts in guided, practical exercises,
- Periodically present to coworkers and leadership,
- Daily timekeeping,
- Support team as needed with document creation, system maintenance, business analysis, and other business activities,
- Support the Project Manager and team with other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Study toward a bachelor’s degree with a focus on Engineering,
- At least one year of basic science and math courses at the college level,
- Ability to integrate information from multiple sources to form a comprehensive perspective,
- Desired Software Skills: Microsoft Office suite,
- Basic communication and interpersonal skills,
- Must be a US Citizen.
L&A is committed to support hiring interns from communities that have been historically underrepresented in the DOE complex and professional services industry. This includes gender, economic and racial diversity.
L&A is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran.