Sr. Java Consultant
- Job Title
- Sr. Java Consultant
- Job ID
- New York, NY 22182
- Other Location
- New York, NY
Searching for a Senior Java Consultant for a Global Investment banking client in New York City.
This is a one to three year contract working on their Market Risk Team developing REAL TIME Market Risk Engines. The company’s mission critical platform processes over a billion positional and sensitivity records daily and uses thousands of CPU-cores to compute the risk. The company’s databases contain over a Peta Byte and their data velocity is measured in TB/hr. The company is in the process of renovating much of its core infrastructure as part of a multi-year initiative.
This team develops software to measure and monitor the impact of markets' moves on the firm's portfolio. Clients include senior management, trading desks and trading management, risk managers and risk analytics among others. Reports based on the numbers generated by the company’s systems are reported to regulators around the world. The basic common process involves collating the firm's positions globally and valuing them under various market scenarios, historical and others to estimate probabilities of loss under various intervals of confidence.
We are specifically looking for a highly motivated senior technologist to design, implement, enhance, and support one or more of the company’s Market Risk Engines. The position requires an understanding -- at the architecture / design and implementation levels of server-side Java as it relates to developing big data/ big compute, mission critical, enterprise-class system. The candidate should possess good communication skills and is expected to collaborate with global teammates based in Europe and India. A successful candidate will be self-motivated and curious, take ownership of tasks.
- Hands-on Expertise in Core-Java (server-side).
- Strong fundamentals in data structures and algorithms
- Experience in architecting/designing large-scale business critical systems.
- Object oriented design and usage of commonly used design patterns.
- Multi-threading, JVM, Garbage collection
- Working knowledge of Linux/Unix along with scripting skills
- Comfort in relational database modeling and querying
- Ability and interest to understand the domain and its data.
- Spring or similar framework, IOC concepts
- Agile Development Experience
- Financial Experience (Market risk, Credit Risk, VaR, Front office, derivatives, analytics, finance, market data)
Nice to have:
- Spark or Symphony Grid Computing
- No SQL DB such as MongoDB
- Cloud Technologies such as AWS/Azure/Snowflake
- Time-series KDB/Q