Financial Operations and Strategy Analyst
- Job Title
- Financial Operations and Strategy Analyst
- Job ID
- New York, NY 10001
- Other Location
FINANCIAL OPERATIONS AND STRATEGY ANALYST
Luminary is a collaboration hub for women who are passionate about professional development and expanding their networks. We are a membership-based community of inspiring women with a one-of-a-kind meeting space in the vibrant NoMad neighborhood.
You will be an integral member of the accounting/finance function by assisting the Chief Operating Officer in managing the daily financial operations and modeling and interpreting data sets for analysis of trends and forecasting. In this role you will be reporting and analyzing Luminary’s performance and working with key stakeholders to strategize business objectives including insights and opportunities related to potential organic and inorganic growth.
This role is currently available on a part-time basis with potential to transition into a full-time role for the right candidate. The ideal candidate will be available for in person-meetings with the Chief Operating Officer 1 to 2 times per week and work between 15 and 25 hours per week depending on the demands.
FINANCIAL OPERATIONS RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform weekly and monthly reconciliations for the following:
- Accounts Payable and Receivable – will own entire process:
- Receiving, coding, and entering all invoices and expense reports into accounting system using QuickBooks
- Managing and scheduling payments and invoicing
- Maintaining W9’s for all vendors and issuing 1099’s yearly with external accountant
- Annual (or quarterly) Sales Tax compliance and filing and Quarterly Commercial Rent Tax Filings
- Maintaining schedules to support monthly financial reports
- Assisting in preparation of annual audit/tax reports for accountant.
FINANCIAL STRATEGY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the finance functions through data driven strategic analysis and modeling to inform companywide decisions and strategic initiatives
- Develop market and consumer intelligence through conducting quantitative and qualitative research as well as leveraging existing reports
- Conduct buy/build/partner analysis for new business opportunities, including new products/services, pricing models, promotional campaigns, strategic partnerships, and new markets
- Support due diligence, modeling and ad-hoc analysis
- Create presentations and reports to articulate conclusions to key stakeholders
- Prepare and deliver monthly management reports to key internal and external constituents.
SKILL SET REQUIREMENTS
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Possess an overwhelming desire to exceed expectations
- Must be detail oriented and have ability to self-motivate
- Presents ideas through clear and concise communication, both written and verbal
- Has demonstrated the ability to manage multiple priorities to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor of Arts/Science degree (or pursuing) from an accredited college or university in Finance, Economics, Statistics, Mathematics or related discipline required.
- 1-4 years of experience in a general accounting or finance position; Will consider candidates pursuing or graduating from a Masters program as well.
- Expertise in Excel and PowerPoint or Google Docs equivalent
- Previous experience QuickBooks or other accounting software a plus but not necessary
- High proficiency in financial analysis, modeling, and data analytics
- Entrepreneurial drive, excellent communication, and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to work in a dynamic environment
- Function effectively in an especially fast-paced start-up operating environment, managing time effectively to address high priority items in a timely manner
- Rigorous attention to detail on all deliverables from simple internal emails to deck materials is paramount
- Highly motivated self-starters strongly encouraged to apply.