Systems Engineering Support Administrator
- Job Title
- Systems Engineering Support Administrator
- Job ID
- Livermore, CA 94550
- Other Location
The Systems Engineering and Integration Group within the Defense Technologies and Engineering Division at Livermore National Laboratory has an opening for a Systems Engineering Support Administrator to independently and with a Requirements Lead provide advanced computing support across the wide range of activities associated with formal requirements management and to support the use and configuration of models-based systems engineering (MBSE) tools. The successful candidate will be responsible for constructing traceability schema for requirement decomposition and verification as well as the configuration management and baselining of requirements in support of LLNL’s Stockpile Stewardship mission, specifically the Life Extension Programs (LEPs).
This position may require the successful candidate have the flexibility to work overtime, shift and or weekends to accomplish goals. The successful candidate will be required to pass various on-site training modules to pursue work assignments.
- Responsible for the execution and maintenance of the Dynamic Object-Oriented Requirements System (DOORS) and the GENESYS software, a tool for performing Models-based Systems Engineering (MBSE), under the guidance of the requirements lead for both W80-4 and W87-1.
- Manage and maintain database content residing in DB2, an IBM proprietary database.
- Develop/document requirements engineering processes/procedures and guidelines for change control for requirements, configuration management, data modeling, information architecture/model analysis as it pertains to DOORS and GENESYS implementation.
- Assist in the strategic planning and in the identification of process improvement to increase efficiency, accuracy, and consistency in work output.
- Development and advanced support to maintain all software-related documentation to include work instructions for users as well as system and database design details.
- Coordinate with the WCI Applications Team to perform software updates as well establish integrations with other related software tools.
- Extract metrics and generate reports from both DOORS and GENESYS as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Essential Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in a computer science or related field, or equivalent combination of technical training and experience. - Advanced knowledge of systems engineering practices, processes, and tasks.
- Significant experience working with a requirements management system or MBSE software.
- Broad and in-depth working knowledge of requirements management and analysis, which may include performing functional and system analysis, implementing allocation practices, performing verification/validation tracing, or other similar functions.
- Experience with database design/architecture and management. - Ability to analyze complex technical issues and develop effective solutions. - Significant experience performing process analysis to recommend and execute process improvements. - Effective interpersonal skills necessary to collaborate, negotiate and influence all levels of personnel. - Proficient verbal and written communication skills necessary to effectively collaborate in a team. environment and document, present and explain technical information.
Desired Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Experience with DXL scripting,
- Experience with IBM Rationale DOORS (both legacy and Next Generation).
- Experience with GENESYS (MBSE tool).
- Pre-Placement Medical Exam: A job related pre-placement medical examination may be required.
- Pre-employment drug test: External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Subcontractor.
- Anticipated Clearance Level: Q (position will be cleared to this level). Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted.