- Job Title
- Inventory Planner
- Job ID
- Garland, TX 75040
- Other Location
Job Title: Inventory Planner
Department: Supply Chain
Manager: Director of Global Logistics & Supply Chain
FLSA Status: Exempt
Location: Garland, TX
A key member of the SIOP Team, the Inventory Planner owns the replenishment inventory flow to support the Fortress demand plan and sales forecast. Responsible for managing inventory levels, turns and fill rates to support the business operational plan of Fortress Building Products, while managing overstock and obsolescent inventory exit plans in partnership with Product & Brand Team.
OUR PURPOSE STATEMENT
Lead Global Change in the Way People Build and Live
Innovative Building Solutions
OUR CORE VALUES
Work Hard, Play Hard – We seek passionate people. We take our work seriously and we take the enjoyment of our lives seriously.
Positive, Can DO Attitude – We are optimistic, we set challenging goals and we find a way to accomplish them. We approach challenges with the intention of finding solutions.
Compete & Win As A TEAM – We put the TEAM first. Our team is what makes our company great. We are a competitive group that like to win. We keep score.
Innovate & Seek Continuous Improvement - We believe it can always be better. We want better products and processes. We want to be better individuals. We want to be a better organization.
We Are Respectful – We respect fellow team members, our partners, ourselves and our company. We are known to be “the good guys”.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for finished goods inventory levels, reorder points, recommending and managing lot sizes, classify ABC codes and adjust based on seasonality and trends.
- Collaborate with suppliers, product managers, and colleagues within supply chain, sales, marketing, and purchasing are critical to achieving these objectives.
- Develop and manage the weekly / monthly inventory plans to support the demand plan.
- Communicate inventory availability to customer service and sales team for shortages to orders.
- Meet on time customer fill rate while maintaining inventory levels & turns. Actively manage slow moving inventory.
- Proactively resolve issues that may result in short or excess supply.
- Prepare, publish and communicate inventory metrics through reports.
- Collaborate with demand planner, product managers and sales teams to meet business unit monthly, quarterly and annual inventory objectives.
- Identify root causes of any misses on key performance indicators.
- Facilitate process improvements: analyze data to identify trends, root causes, areas for improvement using various software tools such as Excel, Access, GP Dynamics, Deposco WMS System, Demand Works and Jet Reports.
- Collaborate with product managers, sales managers and other supply chain team members to execute end-of-lifecycle for discontinued or obsolete inventory.
- Work with Global Sourcing and Procurement Specialists to improve Vendor shipping performance and reliability
- Utilize Max Load software to optimize space and weight in import shipping containers.
- Support implementation and maintenance of the Inventory Planning module of Demand Works Smoothie.
- Perform ad hoc analysis as needed to support supply chain projects & communication and coordination of all components of assigned project.
COMPETENCIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delay, or unexpected events.
Attention to Detail– Demonstrates thoroughness in accomplishing a task through concern for all the areas involved; carefully monitors the details of own and others’ work to ensure accuracy and quality; plans and organizes time and resources efficiently; completes all work according to procedures and standards.
Business Ethics – Treats people with respect; keep commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and principles; upholds organizational values.
Communications – Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally; expresses ideas and thoughts in written form; exhibits good listening and comprehension; keeps others adequately informed; selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
Cooperation– Establishes and maintains effective relationships; exhibits tact and consideration; offers assistance and support to co-workers; works cooperatively in group situations; works actively to resolve conflicts.
Customer Focus – Identifies and prioritizes customer needs and recognizes constraints; responds promptly to customer needs; seeks to find out more about customers and provide a better product or service; adopts professional approach to customers; is reliable and delivers on promises.
Dependability – Follows instructions; responds to management direction; takes responsibility to own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternative plan.
Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Professionalism – Practices good hygiene and presents an appropriate professional appearance; understands how one is perceived by others; takes actions intended to have a position effect on others; makes a friendly impression on others by using good eye contact and using names whenever possible; develops and maintains positive working relationships and maintains a pleasant work attitude.
Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in business related field is required, Supply Chain management degree strongly preferred.
- 2-5 years related experience in inventory planning is strongly preferred
- 2-5 years experience in SIOP collaboration – Sales, Inventory & Operations Planning
- Candidates should possess excellent problem solving and data analytical skills
- Candidates should have strong written and verbal communication skills and promote and embrace a team atmosphere
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel including Vlookup, Macros, Pivot tables, as well as solid skills in PowerPoint, Word and Outlook.
- Knowledge of inventory planning, performance metrics, demand planning and product life cycle strongly preferred.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand; talk, hear, and use hands and fingers. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision requirements. Light to moderate lifting is required.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS: The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.