AVP IT Project Manager
- Job Title
- AVP IT Project Manager
- Job ID
- New York, NY
- Other Location
This is a full time position and is responsible for end to end project management of Branch projects/ initiatives as assigned.
· Perform the end to end project management activities for projects/ initiatives assigned, including project planning, execution, monitoring, and closing, to effectively and efficiently manage Branch’s projects, including but not limited to system implementation projects.
· Work with initiative/ project sponsor to develop comprehensive project plan that define project scope, project stakeholders, roles and responsibilities, timelines, etc.
· Create detailed execution plan to further breakdown key project activities into manageable, individualized tasks /process steps to help track overall progress.
· Closely monitor and track project progression and deliver project status periodically for all project stakeholders, including Branch senior management.
· Actively follow up with task/ activity owners to ensure the overall activities are completed within the timelines, escalate items as necessary if at risk of overdue
· Act as the bridge among Branch project stakeholders and implementation vendors (if applicable)
· Manage change requests including changes of initiative/ project scope, timelines, etc.
· Responsible for archiving projects related documentation for regulatory examination and internal audit review purpose
· Analyze Branch’s business domain and documents related business, processes, or systems, assessing the business model or its integration with technology
· Act as vendor manager for vendors assigned, performing vendor management activities as per Branch policy and procedures
Education and Experience Requirements:
· Bachelor's degree required, majors in Business / Finance, Statistics, Computer Science, or Information Systems preferred
· 3-5 years of work experience in the Financial Institutions ideally in Risk or Compliance
· Must have working experience in project management or project delivery, IT project management experience is a plus
· Highly organized and able to operate in team environments, especially in cross-functional teams
Skills and Knowledge:
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills for reporting and documentation
· Strong computer skills, proficient in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, experience with project management and collaboration tools such as Microsoft Project, SharePoint, Jira, etc. is a plus
· Ability to read, write, Mandarin speaking is a plus
· Must be detail-oriented