- Job Title
- Project Manager
- Job ID
- Los Alamos, NM 87545
- Other Location
Longenecker & Associates (L&A), a woman owned small business, has provided technical and management support to the Nuclear Energy Industry for over 30+ years. We have the immediate need for several Project Managers to contribute to the mission of Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL). LANL is a multidisciplinary research institution dedicated to enhancing national security by ensuring the safety and reliability of the U.S. nuclear stockpile, developing technologies to reduce threats from weapons of mass destruction, and solving problems related to energy, environment, infrastructure, health, and global security concerns.
The Project Manager leads a cross-functional group of Integrated Project Team (IPT) members, assembled to successfully execute a set of project objectives. The Project Manager ensures that the project objectives safely meet the Project Owner’s requirements and are fulfilled within cost and schedule constraints. The role requires broad expertise or unique knowledge, uses skills to contribute to development of objectives and principles and to achieve goals in creative and effective ways. Project Managers develop advanced concepts, techniques, and standards based on professional principles and theories. Higher-level Project Managers coordinate and administer a project from project planning, engineering, and procurement through construction and start-up. They establish and maintain liaison with the customer throughout the entire project to resolve problems and coordinate service functions. They also participate in planning and establishing schedules, forecasts, budgets, parameters, etc., and monitors progress to assure schedules are met and work is performed safely within budget.
Essential Duties/Responsibilities (may include, but are not limited to)
- Responsible for planning, organizing, coordinating and managing the project activities of assigned projects,
- Provides direction to project teams and/or group leaders to achieve project related activities,
- Monitors project performance against budget, overall progress against schedule, identifies other deviations from project plan and implements corrective action(s),
- Provides for project and/or group personnel administration, assigns personnel for key project positions and approves appointment of others,
- Provides input to, and approval of, project budgets and schedules,
- Frequently contributes to the development of new theories and methods,
- Considered expert in field within the organization,
- Develops resolutions to complex problems that require the frequent use of creativity and where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors,
- Work is accomplished without considerable direction,
- May coordinate activities of other personnel,
- Exerts significant latitude in determining objectives of assignment, and determines the methods and procedures needed for new assignments,
- Position requires thorough knowledge of all aspects of project management tools and techniques relating to all project activities,
- Responsible for managing, coordinating, and administering small, complex, multifunction projects or studies that involve a single business line,
- Provides assistance in the review of contract documents.
- Q-level DOE security clearance,
- At least 8 years experience (15 years for Senior positions) in two or more of the following functions: project management, engineering, construction, project controls and procurement work or any combination of education and experience,
- Must be a U.S. Citizen; dual citizenship is not allowed.
Education and Experience Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Scientific discipline from an accredited institution,
- Has experience in various project management activities such as planning, budgeting and performance measurement,
- For positions also serving as a Control Account Manager (CAM), advanced knowledge of and experience with project controls and/or project management, project budgets including cost estimating, cost control and cost analysis, project scheduling, implementation of corrective actions, developing and delivering detailed and accurate status reports and advanced knowledge of and experience with engineering functions and principles required to understand and successfully implement and monitor technical projects,
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
Individuals must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, and nothing in this herein restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
L&A is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran.