Risk Manager (LANL)
- Job Title
- Risk Manager (LANL)
- Job ID
- Los Alamos, NM 87545
- Other Location
Longenecker & Associates (L&A), a woman owned small business, has provided technical and management support to the Nuclear Energy Industry for over 30+ years. We have the immediate need for a Risk Manager to contribute to the mission of Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL). LANL is a multidisciplinary research institution dedicated to enhancing national security by ensuring the safety and reliability of the U.S. nuclear stockpile, developing technologies to reduce threats from weapons of mass destruction, and solving problems related to energy, environment, infrastructure, health, and global security concerns.
This role will be responsible for establishing and executing the project risk management program of a DOE Line Item Construction project.
Essential Duties/Responsibilities (may include, but are not limited to)
· Maintain Project Risk Management Plan,
· Lead discussions to collect risk information from technical leads and project team,
· Conduct risk identification sessions,
· Maintain risk register,
· Support risk handling plans,
· Estimate cost and schedule impacts,
· Perform quantitative risk analysis (i.e., Monte Carlo).
· Working knowledge of risk management,
· Proficient communication skills, both written and verbal,
· Ability to obtain and maintain appropriate DOE security clearance,
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe,
· Well-organized, detail-oriented, and able to manage multiple tasks concurrently,
· Ability to use independent judgement for determining course of action,
· Strong analytical skills,
· Must be a U.S. Citizen; dual citizenship is not allowed.
Education and Experience Required
· Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, or related field,
· Minimum of 3 years’ experience supporting project risk management program,
· Cost and Schedule Risk Analysis (Crystal Ball, Pertmaster, Acumen, or equivalent),
· Earned Value Management Reporting.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
Work is performed in an office setting. May involve standing and walking for brief periods. May involve minimal or infrequent lifting or carrying. Individuals must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, and nothing in this herein restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
L&A is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran.