Performance Improvement and Assurance Manager
- Job Title
- Performance Improvement and Assurance Manager
- Job ID
- Los Alamos, NM 84545
- Other Location
Longenecker & Associates (L&A), a woman owned small business, has provided technical and management support to the Nuclear Energy Industry for over 30+ years. We have the immediate need for a Performance Improvement & Assurance Manager to contribute to the mission of Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL). LANL is a multidisciplinary research institution dedicated to enhancing national security by ensuring the safety and reliability of the U.S. nuclear stockpile, developing technologies to reduce threats from weapons of mass destruction, and solving problems related to energy, environment, infrastructure, health, and global security concerns.
The Performance Improvement and Assurance Manager guides the development, implementation, improvement and evaluation of Quality Assurance and Continuous Improvement Programs, including Lean and Contractor Assurance System (CAS) elements.
Reporting to the Mission Excellence & Assurance Director, the Performance Improvement and Assurance Manager leads LLCC-wide efforts to ensure that QA&T’s Mission Excellence and Assurance programs drive N3B Mission success, meeting requirements, supports N3B wide implementation provides for understanding health of mission delivery, ensures continuous improvement, and supports N3B management with implementation. Performance Improvement and Assurance Manager mentors, manages, and coordinates a team of staff.
· Works closely with Mission Excellence & Assurance Director to develop and implement strategies, priorities, and plans; proactively identifies and elevates topics of concern,
· Manages a team of staff professionals to enable and achieve Mission Excellence & Assurance Program and broader N3B mission objective,
· Ensures staff are properly trained and qualified to execute responsibilities and manages employee performance evaluations,
· Leads and provides expertise to achieve full implementation of the N3B Quality Assurance Program and Contractor Assurance System Description,
· Coordinates a cross-organizational team and effectively utilizes resources to drive excellence into work activities,
· Supports implementation/execution of L&A LLCC subcontract with N3B,
· Fosters a mutually respectful work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment,
· Leads staff to perform at exceptional levels in accordance with N3B Vision Mission and Values and L&A Corporate Values.
Essential Duties/Responsibilities (may include, but are not limited to)
· Develop and support implementation of the NB3 Quality Assurance Program in compliance with contractual requirements,
· Develop and support implementation of the NB3 Contractor Assurance System in compliance with contractual requirements,
· Drive excellence in to N3B processes through implementation of a Lean/Continuous Improvement program and facilitate the identification of opportunities,
· Develop, implement and support a performance indicator program with scorecard approach to measure N3B performance. Facilitate management analysis and identification or correction or improvement opportunities,
· Ensure mission excellence through management and effective implementation of:
o An issues management program (including OPRPs /PAA /NTS reporting)
o A QA audit and surveillance and integrated assessment program
o Event investigation and causal analysis
o Lessons Learned
o QA program elements including oversight, supplier quality; suspect counterfeit, nonconforming items, measurement and test equipment etc.
· Interface with stakeholders on program and topics, including N3B Program Managers and other organizational staff, EM-LA, EM HQs, other LLCC contractors, vendors and subcontractors,
· Interact continuously with N3B managers and personnel to effectively implement programs,
· Maintain understanding of LLCC contract requirements and baseline plans,
· Develop training and coach teams for effective implementation Mission Excellence & Assurance programs.
· Demonstrated ability to lead and mentor a diverse staff,
· Ten years of Quality Assurance, Contractor Assurance, Continuous Improvement (Lean Six Sigma) experience in comparable organization and complex scope,
· Complete understanding and knowledge of 10CFR830; ASME NQA-1; DOE Order 414.1D and DOE O 226.1B and EM LA expectations,
· Broad expertise and knowledge of environmental remediation and waste management projects,
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills necessary to interact constructively with all levels of N3B management, subject matter experts and external agencies,
· Proven strong analytical skills to perform assessments and identify and evaluate issues and risks that could impede N3B from meeting LLCC objectives and requirements,
· Ability to use independent judgment for determining course of action,
· Skill and ability to independently develop and administer schedules and assessment requirements, and to integrate them into systems,
· NQA-1 Quality Assurance Lead auditor certified,
· Lean Six Sigma certified,
· Must be a U.S. Citizen
Education and Experience Required
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Science or a related discipline and at least 10 years of experience (preferably with Department of Energy programs),
· Knowledge and experience of quality assurance regulatory/contractual/technical documents (i.e., 10CFR830; ASME NQA-1; DOE Order 414.1D and DOE O 226.1B). Knowledge and experience with the interrelation of these requirements documents.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate. The employee exerts up to 10 pounds of force occasional and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle or fee and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision. Individuals must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.