QA Assurance Performance Specialist
- Job Title
- QA Assurance Performance Specialist
- Job ID
- Los Alamos, NM 87545
- Other Location
Longenecker & Associates (L&A), a woman owned small business, has provided technical and management support to the Nuclear Energy Industry for over 30+ years. We have the immediate need for a QA Performance Specialist to contribute to the mission of Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL). LANL is a multidisciplinary research institution dedicated to enhancing national security by ensuring the safety and reliability of the U.S. nuclear stockpile, developing technologies to reduce threats from weapons of mass destruction, and solving problems related to energy, environment, infrastructure, health, and global security concerns.
The Quality Performance Assurance (QPA) specialist supports the deployment of an integrated set of QPA processes that enable management by fact, continuous institutional learning and improvement across all major areas of mission/program, science/technology/engineering, operations and business support, with an overall focus on improving mission delivery. A successful candidate for this role is an expert-level professional who will have institutional impact.
Essential Duties/Responsibilities (may include, but are not limited to)
- Primary duties are NQA-1 supplier evaluations,
- Requires travel to supplier locations consistent with applicable COVID rules,
- May involve some international travel - current passport is a plus but not required,
- Workhours will be dependent on and consistent with scheduled supplier evaluations,
- Works on unusually significant, unique or complex issues,
- Provides solutions that are highly creative and where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangibles,
- Has impact on success of future concepts, products or technologies,
- Erroneous decisions or recommendations would normally result in failure to reach goals crucial to significant organizational/Laboratory objectives and would profoundly affect the image of the organization/Laboratory,
- Creates formal networks involving coordination among groups, and other key decision makers,
- Builds and maintains regular contacts with other resources internal and external to the organization/Laboratory,
- Works under consultative direction toward predetermined long-range targets,
- Uses independent judgment for determining course of action to accomplish objectives,
- Uses wide latitude in the methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Has broad expertise or unique knowledge,
- Uses skills to contribute to development of objectives and principles and to achieve goals in creative and effective ways,
- Develops advanced concepts, techniques, and standards based on professional principles and theories,
- Viewed as an expert in the field within the Laboratory,
- Assignments are often self-initiated – incumbent will be virtually self-supervisory,
- Must be a U.S. Citizen; dual citizenship is not allowed.
Education and Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field and a minimum of 12 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience,
- At this level, post graduate course work may be expected.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
Individuals must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
L&A is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran.