- Job Title
- QA/QC Inspector
- Job ID
- Los Alamos, NM 87545
- Other Location
Longenecker & Associates (L&A), a woman owned small business, has provided technical and management support to the Nuclear Energy Industry for over 30+ years. We have the immediate need for a QA/QC Inspector to contribute to the mission of Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL). LANL is a multidisciplinary research institution dedicated to enhancing national security by ensuring the safety and reliability of the U.S. nuclear stockpile, developing technologies to reduce threats from weapons of mass destruction, and solving problems related to energy, environment, infrastructure, health, and global security concerns.
Level 3 is considered a skilled journeyman-level position. An ideal candidate has extensive experience in nuclear quality assurance, audits and surveillance experience, and supplier oversight. Candidates should have continuous improvement experience, including issues management, corrective and preventive action. A successful candidate is a high-energy, organized professional with excellent time management skills, highly flexible and adaptable, and seeks out challenging assignments.
Essential Duties/Responsibilities (may include, but are not limited to)
- Applying knowledge of the job and Laboratory policies and principles to complete a wide range of tasks,
- Complete understanding and wide application of technical principle, theories, and concepts in the field,
- General knowledge of other related disciplines,
- Assignments are usually focused while working within established priorities, procedures, processes, requirements or specifications,
- Priorities and tasks are usually prescribed, but incumbent is expected to provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems,
- Provide solutions that are imaginative, thorough, practicable, and consistent with organization objectives,
- Impact of work is usually limited to a well defined area and incumbent performs normal aspects of job with little or no direct supervision,
- Work is occasionally reviewed for soundness of judgment, overall adequacy and accuracy,
- Some contributions for original work are expected.
- Q-level DOE clearance required,
- Must be a U.S. Citizen; dual citizenship is not allowed.
Education and Experience Required
- Technical Institute graduation or AA degree preferred,
- 3-5 years of extensive previous experience gained through training in specific field of technology.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
Individuals must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
L&A is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran.