I & C Engineer
- Job Title
- I & C Engineer
- Job ID
- Remote, 76107
- Other Location
- Fort Worth, TX
GSE Solutions leverages five decades of proven industry experience and is searching for an experienced Instrument & Control Engineer. GSE DP Engineering specializes in providing consulting engineering services to the nuclear utility industry and upgrading the plants within the aging nuclear fleet from analog to digital control systems.
- Develop modifications primarily to existing nuclear power plants that increase reliability and efficiency. Many modifications involve upgrading obsolete controls systems from analog to digital controls.
- Review of vendor documents
- Interface with client/vendors,
- Attend/host meetings
- Development of engineering proposals
- Preparation of engineering calculations, drawings, and change packages.
- Technical and procedural quality of deliverables.
- Coordination of the project team to ensure project schedule requirements are understood and the team is progressing to meet those requirements.
- Understanding the scope of assigned projects, including both the technical and financial requirements, to ensure any change is recognized and managed.
- Quality Assurance program compliance.
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects and deadlines
- Basic working knowledge and ability using tools for scheduling, projecting, tracking, managing time and dollars spent on projects.
- Ability to work as part of a team & mentor engineers
- Must have strong knowledge of engineering services in the Nuclear industry
- Must have thorough, demonstrated understanding and command of the DPE Quality Assurance Program.
- A working knowledge of cyber security (NEI 08-09, NERC CIP standards) is desired but not required
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Instrument/Control Engineering (or closely related field of study). Masters preferred
- Licensed PE preferred but not required
- 7-15 years of experience providing I&C Engineering services to operating nuclear power plants is desired, along with experience developing modification packages for operating nuclear power plants in accordance with IP-ENG-001
- Regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- Must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
- General office environment.
- Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc.
- Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available
- Ability to obtain unescorted access
- Ability to travel