- Job Title
- Maintenance Assistant
- Job ID
- Sacramento, CA 95824
- Other Location
We’re a skilled nursing facility looking for dynamic associates to lead our maintenance team and provide our guests with a care experience that will change their lives! If this sounds like you, we want to meet you! OUR COMPANY MISSION: To inspire hope that contributes to health and well-being for a unique care experience. We strive to deliver quality of care and unparalleled hospitality to all our guests and team members. Our Service Covenant: Smile - Empathy - Recognition - Voice – Integrity – Care – Experience.
We are looking for a full-time Maintenance Assistant. We offer FREE cell phones w/unlimited talk/text/data plans to all full time employees (restrictions apply).
· Receive and follow maintenance schedule/instructions from your supervisor and as outlined in our established maintenance policies and procedures
· Perform routine maintenance on grounds, parking areas, driveways, etc., by cutting, trimming, policing, sweeping, etc., as necessary/directed
· Perform routine maintenance and repair on the facility and equipment to include plumbing, plastering, electrical, carpentry, mechanical, etc., as directed, in accordance with established procedures.
· Clean windows and screens as directed.
· Replace burned out light bulbs, to include, exit lights, overhead lights, fluorescent lights, room call lights, etc., and perform cleaning duties wherever necessary
· Service heating and cooling units/systems, as specified by the manufacturer, and in compliance with established policies and procedures.
· Perform unscheduled maintenance tasks as directed.
· Must be able to move intermittently throughout the workday.
· Must be able to speak the English language in an understandable manner.
· Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of the position.
· Must possess sight/hearing senses or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately.
· Must function independently and have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with the residents/personnel.
· Must meet the general health requirements set forth by the policies of this facility, which include a medical and physical examination.
· Must be able to relate to and work with ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset, and at times hostile people within the facility.
· Must be able to push, pull, move, and/or lift a minimum of 50 pounds to a minimum height of 5 feet and be able to push, pull, move, and/or carry such weight a minimum distance of 50 feet, and up to 100 pounds with assistance.
· Frequent carrying, pushing and pulling of tools and equipment
· May be necessary to assist in the evacuation of residents during emergency situations.
We offer FREE T-Mobile phone with unlimited talk/text/data plans for all full time employees.
We have excellent benefits for our associates, check them out at www.briarwoodpostacute.com/careers/