- Job Title
- Product Manager
- Job ID
- Boston, MA 02210
- Other Location
Founded in 2017, Activ Surgical is a first-of-its kind digital surgery company focused on improving surgical efficiency, accuracy, patient outcomes and accessibility for both endoscopic and robotically assisted procedures. Activ Surgical’s scalable and patent-protected surgical software platform technology is driven by computer vision, artificial intelligence, analytics, and machine learning to enhance a surgeon’s intra-operative decision making and reduce unintended and preventable surgical complications.
Activ Surgical is looking for individuals who are interested in shaping the future of healthcare by improving patient outcomes, reducing healthcare costs, and addressing unintended surgical complications.
You will join a team where everyone—including you—is striving to constantly create innovative technology. We are an incredibly supportive team–we love to pitch in when problems arise and give great peer feedback to help each other grow. We are passionate about lots of things—artificial intelligence, machine learning, autonomous robotics and a great user experience--and we love sharing those passions with each other.
Fortune 500 Health & Wellness
This position will play a pivotal role in launching the Company’s first product and building a position in the advanced imaging, machine learning, visualization and autonomous robotic surgery segments. This position requires a relentless focus on meaningful execution, product and application excellence, and innovative surgical marketing. We are looking for a candidate with experience in Medical Device Product Launch to accelerate our commercialization efforts.
The Product Manager will be an integral member of the Marketing Team, working in close collaboration with the Sales, R&D and Clinical teams. Responsibilities will reflect the needs of an early-stage, fast-moving start-up environment, orchestrating the various critical activities associated with ensuring product commercial success. This role reports to the Director of Marketing.
· Evaluate market trends, product competitors, and product fit within company business model
· Develop a strong understanding what is important to your customers and the context for their decisions to optimally position the product and support sales engagement with your customers
· Determine pricing and acquisition models, customer segmentation and targeting, promotional strategy and tactics
· Manage portfolio planning, evaluate product offerings against competitors for gaps, develop appropriate market strategies.
· Owns commercial success of product
· Collaboratively develop and deliver effective product training
· Maintain product forecasts; track sales, utilization, revenue, costs, profitability.
· Manage development and dissemination of product collateral across communication channels; track and report on results of marketing campaigns
· Support industry educational meetings and events, on-site customer meetings and labs, and strategic meetings. Ability to travel within the US and internationally, averaging 30 – 40% overall. However, monthly travel may range from close to 0% to 80% or more.
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
· Bachelor’s Degree; MBA preferred.
· 3-5 years Product Management in medical device with experience in product launches.
· Experience with endoscopic technology preferred.
· Experience with early-stage surgical products in a start-up environment preferred.
· Experience working closely with a sales team to meet commercial objectives preferred.
· A strong relationship builder with outstanding verbal and written communication skills, including demonstrated excellence in asking detailed questions to determine underlying motivations.
· Ability to develop pricing and promotions models.
· Results oriented, focused on hitting business objectives, and to motivate internal and external stakeholders, to achieve commercial success.
· Self-motivated driven by the desire to make an impact on the long-term success of the business.