Global Director, Systems Integration
- Job Title
- Global Director, Systems Integration
- Job ID
- Boston, MA 02210
- Other Location
At Activ Surgical, we are preparing for our next phase of growth, and as the Global Director of Systems Integration, you will be a leader in our Commercial execution of our data strategy. This position is responsible for leading our interface with our Platform R&D team and commercial customers to understand design needs and customer interface.
This involves a complex sales cycle which includes working closely with internal stakeholders such as: R&D, IT, Training, Clinical, Surgeon Advisors and Marketing. The Global Director of Systems Integration will develop CIO and IT thought leadership, assist in validating market segments, and develop the sales data portion of our training programs. This person will report to the Vice President of Sales & Marketing.
Activ Surgical’s software platform aims to reduce unintended and preventable surgical complications by enhancing a surgeon’s intra-operative decision making by visually mapping the surgical field allowing surgeons to see currently unseen critical structures and function. The company’s ActivEdge platform provides the framework to train artificial intelligence (AI) models that deliver insights derived from some of the world’s top surgeons in real time to all surgical systems and operating rooms around the world.
Qualification & Requirements
Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job may be considered.
Minimum 7-10 years of experience in the Medical device industry selling into the IT departments of health systems, Experience managing a team, preferred.
· 5+ years of experience participating in large-scale, full-life cycle Integration implementations (including cloud integration solutions)
· At least 3 years of experience managing enterprise-wide requirements definitions and management methodologies
· 3 years of experience participating in large business Integration efforts and being a member of a project team through all phases of the project lifecycle;
· Experience with different integration into different EMR systems
· Travel up to 80% (While 80% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice);
As part of our team, your core responsibilities will be:
· Disruptive technology launch experience strongly preferred
· Experience in surgical devices and advanced imaging with cloud connectivity strongly preferred
· Commensurate experience with a sophisticated technology and software platform, SAS model preferred
· Ability to get in front of the health system "C-suite" and drive strategic conversations and presentations around large enterprise partnerships
· Vast knowledge and experience across the healthcare landscape, including: value-based care delivery, fee-for-service, technology integrations, physician work-flow and payers
· Be comfortable working in an entrepreneurial, agile and fast paced environment
- Demonstrated success in consultative selling, business solution development, problem solving, team selling, and market development.
- Demonstrated ability to work cross functionally, in a collaborative manner, in a team environment.
- Demonstrated and effective leadership and managerial skills.
- Analytical thinking skills and the ability to solve complex problems and offer simple solutions with creativity and good judgment.
· Work with VP Sales and Marketing and CTO to formalize sales strategy and execution plan for launch
· Through CIO and IT though leadership, validate value propositions and go-to-market strategy
· Engage key technical thought leaders on technological advantages of Activ’s platform
· Develop academic and institutional clinical centers of excellence
· Responsible for building sales capabilities and platforms to expand market penetration, pricing savvy and customer relationships.
· Interact with the Global Commercial team to develop best practices.
· Responsible for assessing training needs and conceptualizing programs. Program development responsibilities require creativity, a high level of expertise in applying training theory and methodology, and the ability to lay out complex information in an understandable and usable format.
· Responds to requests for technical information, determining appropriate sources of technical expertise for obtaining the information as needed.