Machine Learning Algorithm Developer
- Job Title
- Machine Learning Algorithm Developer
- Job ID
- Boston, MA 02151
- Other Location
Founded in 2017, Activ Surgical is a first-of-its kind digital surgery company focused on improving surgical efficiency, accuracy, patient outcomes and accessibility for both endoscopic and robotically assisted procedures. Activ Surgical’s scalable and patent-protected surgical software platform technology is driven by computer vision, artificial intelligence, analytics, and machine learning to enhance a surgeon’s intra-operative decision making and reduce unintended and preventable surgical complications.
Activ Surgical is looking for individuals who are interested in shaping the future of healthcare by improving patient outcomes, reducing healthcare costs, and addressing unintended surgical complications.
You will join a team where everyone—including you—is striving to constantly create innovative technology. We are an incredibly supportive team–we love to pitch in when problems arise and give great peer feedback to help each other grow. We are passionate about lots of things—artificial intelligence, machine learning, autonomous robotics and a great user experience--and we love sharing those passions with each other.
Fortune 500 Health & Wellness
In our growing engineering department, you will be working on medical device software development. This includes tasks such as developing, prototyping, implementing, and evaluating real-time techniques for object detection, segmentation, identification, and tracking. You will apply existing knowledge of image and video processing, machine learning and deep learning to medical data and play an integral part in developing strategies for long-term cloud-based data collection and analysis. You must be able to effectively communicate ideas and collaborate closely with a cross-functional team to achieve goals.
- BS / MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field with a strong focus on real-time image and video processing
- Rapid ability to conceptualize and design complex software, including ability to quickly prototype proof of concept software in Python
- Experience in high-performance scientific computing, parallel programming, and multi-threading
- Familiarity with deep learning frameworks, such as PyTorch or TensorFlow
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced startup environment
- Experience with applying machine learning/deep learning strategies and probabilistic/statistical models to medical image processing and analysis
- Experience implementing cloud-based data storage and machine learning software
- Experience with OpenCV
- Expertise in C/C++
- Prior experience working in the medical device industry