Software Quality Assurance (SQA) Engineer
- Job Title
- Software Quality Assurance (SQA) Engineer
- Job ID
- Boston, MA 02127
- Other Location
Founded in 2017, Activ Surgical is a first-of-its kind digital surgery company focused on improving surgical efficiency, accuracy, patient outcomes and accessibility for both endoscopic and robotically assisted procedures. Activ Surgical’s scalable and patent-protected surgical software platform technology is driven by computer vision, artificial intelligence, analytics, and machine learning to enhance a surgeon’s intra-operative decision making and reduce unintended and preventable surgical complications.
Activ Surgical is looking for individuals who are interested in shaping the future of healthcare by improving patient outcomes, reducing healthcare costs, and addressing unintended surgical complications.
You will join a team where everyone—including you—is striving to constantly create innovative technology. We are an incredibly supportive team–we love to pitch in when problems arise and give great peer feedback to help each other grow. We are passionate about lots of things—artificial intelligence, machine learning, autonomous robotics and a great user experience--and we love sharing those passions with each other.
Fortune 500 Health & Wellness
The Software Quality Assurance (SQA) Engineer is responsible for developing new automated test strategies and frameworks, in addition to creating, implementing, and automating testing that traces back to software requirements. The SQA Engineer works with the software team to develop unit tests, static code analysis, test protocols, maintain and enhance the test automation framework and automation infrastructure. In addition, the SQA Engineer will execute and report in verification tests, report and manage defects, regress software fixes for new and existing products, assists with debugging and replicating problems from field complaints. The SQA Engineer demonstrates innovation, leadership skills in addition to possessing a strong technical and detail-oriented skill set.
· Works with software engineers to develop test protocols and executing verification tests
· Identify product issues and write detail bug reports during product development lifecycle
· Participate with reviews of software requirement, software hazard analysis and test plan
· Manage our software requirements ALM tool
· Lead defect management and maintenance. Review defects from the field and learn how they could have been prevented or detected
· Utilize tools such as code coverage to assess the coverage of test suites and make recommendations for additional test cases
· Experience testing complex, multithreaded, and vision products
· Fluent in object-oriented programming using OO language (C++ and C#) for development or QA purposes
· Experience with Microsoft DevOps
· Debugging and crash log analysis / review
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Strong ability to work in fast-paced environment and ability to multitask
· Experience with various types of testing including unit, system, integration, user acceptance, regression, usability, and end-to-end testing
· Knowledge of Microsoft Windows system
· Experience with Helix ALM
· B.S. in Computer Science
· 3+ years of scripting and/or programming experience
· Knowledge of IEC62304
· Computer networking
· Knowledge of peripheral protocols (i.e. I2C, SPI, Serial, TCP/IP)