Electromechanical R&D Lab Technician
- Job Title
- Electromechanical R&D Lab Technician
- Job ID
- BOSTON, MA 02210
- Other Location
Founded in 2017, Activ Surgical is a first-of-its kind digital surgery company focused on improving surgical efficiency, accuracy, patient outcomes and accessibility for both endoscopic and robotically assisted procedures. Activ Surgical’s scalable and patent-protected surgical software platform technology is driven by computer vision, artificial intelligence, analytics, and machine learning to enhance a surgeon’s intra-operative decision making and reduce unintended and preventable surgical complications.
Activ Surgical is looking for individuals who are interested in shaping the future of healthcare by improving patient outcomes, reducing healthcare costs, and addressing unintended surgical complications.
You will join a team where everyone—including you—is striving to constantly create innovative technology. We are an incredibly supportive team–we love to pitch in when problems arise and give great peer feedback to help each other grow. We are passionate about lots of things—artificial intelligence, machine learning, autonomous robotics and a great user experience--and we love sharing those passions with each other.
Fortune 500 Health & Wellness
We are looking for someone to work closely with other members of the team in a stimulating environment and is curious about new opportunities to learn and grow. Our team is both ambitious and supportive, and we expect that new team members help build this team culture as the company grows.
Specific Responsibilities Include
- Maintenance and management of laboratory assets including engineering designs (verification units and product prototypes) – formal rework of verification systems triggered through change orders within a quality system; following documented rework instructions and updating device build records
- Soldering, building, and assembly of engineering prototypes in coordination with the broader engineering team
- Assist in the design and assembly of electromechanical test fixtures for engineering studies
- Management of calibrated lab tools and equipment; interfacing with equipment vendors
- Documentation and configuration tracking of equipment, engineering systems, and calibration equipment
- Troubleshooting systems issues; working with the R&D engineers on solutions and planned rework; maintenance of equipment provided to external demos and labs
- Ordering of parts, tools, and lab equipment as necessary to support product development, sustaining and certification efforts.
- Helping maintain the lab – organization, equipment allocation, etc.
- Superb attention to detail; detailed communication in a team setting
- Ability to interpret mechanical drawings, electrical schematics, and wiring diagrams
- Good troubleshooting analysis and problem-solving skills, with sustained follow through to completion of solution implementation.
- Competent hands-on hardware build, integration, test, and debug experience of electromechanical sub-systems and assemblies
- Ability to assemble cables and wire harnesses from sketches and/or formal documented drawings
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Bonus skills: fine pitch soldering of PCBA SMT components; experience with CAD software and 3D printing; knowledge/ability to use machine shop tools
5+ years of experience assembling or troubleshooting electro-mechanical systems
Minimum associates degree in a technical field