Regional Sales Manager (2-Step) - Northeast
- Job Title
- Regional Sales Manager (2-Step) - Northeast
- Job ID
- Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Other Location
Regional Sales Manager (2-Step) - Northeast
Department: Channel Sales
Manager: Director, Channel Sales (2-Step)
FLSA Status: Exempt
Location: Remote within region
Do you have experience leading a sales team to drive profitable growth? Do you have a passion for helping salespeople and customers increase their performance? Do you want to be a part of a fast-growing company that’s committed to leading global change in the way people build and live?
Fortress Building Products is seeking a Regional Sales Manager for the Northeast region of the United States to join our 2-Step Channel Sales team. In this role, you will be responsible for leading a sales team to achieve sales targets, set and achieve key objectives, work with key customers, collaborate with the Sales Management team to improve the sales process, provide feedback to management, and analyze and report sales trends.
The Regional Sales Manager (RSM) will drive sales and gross margin growth in his / her region through effective management of sales team resources and effective execution of company strategies and responsibilities.
The position will be based out of a home office and require regular travel, so the Regional Sales Manager will need to be based near a major airport within the assigned region.
Region includes: PA, NJ, DE, MD, and VA
OUR PURPOSE STATEMENT
Lead Global Change in the Way People Build and Live
Innovative Building Solutions
OUR CORE VALUES
Work Hard, Play Hard – We seek passionate people. We take our work seriously and we take the enjoyment of our lives seriously.
Positive, Can DO Attitude – We are optimistic, we set challenging goals and we find a way to accomplish them. We approach challenges with the intention of finding solutions.
Compete & Win As A TEAM – We put the TEAM first. Our team is what makes our company great. We are a competitive group that like to win. We keep score.
Innovate & Seek Continuous Improvement – We believe it can always be better. We want better products and processes. We want to be better individuals. We want to be a better organization.
We Are Respectful – We respect fellow team members, our partners, ourselves and our company. We are known to be “the good guys”.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Primarily responsible for achieving objectives (financial and otherwise) in the region.
- Setting priorities and expectations for Associate Territory Manager (ATMs), Territory Managers (TMs), and Independent Sales Representatives (ISRs).
- Holding ATMS, TMs, and ISRs accountable for sales numbers, sales reports, sales promotions, market input, or any other needed programs and information.
- Setting and maintaining accurate and reliable forecast for each respective territory within the region and a cumulative forecast for the region.
- Ensuring clear and consistent communication to ATMs, TMs, and ISRs.
- Ensuring that ATMS, TMs, and ISRs represent Fortress Building Products in a way that is professional and consistent with the strategy.
- Ensuring that ATMs, TMs, and ISRs develop a pull through sales approach that integrates all levels of the sales channel.
- Coaching ATMs, TMs, and ISRs in sales techniques, presentation, and overall territory management.
- Ensuring that distributor partners, dealers, and contractors are well trained on Fortress products by ATMs, TMs, and ISRs.
- Conducting an annual review with key distributor partners.
- Relaying region-specific marketing opportunities to the Product Managers and management.
- Determining and coordinating regional trade show opportunities and ensuring that products are effectively displayed and promoted at regional and local trade shows by Fortress and/or channel partner.
- Managing sales expenses for the region.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES Direct responsibility to lead, manage, and hold accountable the following positions and indirect responsibility for all employees that report into these positions. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and developing direct reports; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Territory Managers (2)
- Associate Territory Manager
- Independent Sales Reps
COMPETENCIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Achievement Focus – Sets and achieves challenging goals; demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; measures self against standard of excellence; recognizes and acts on opportunities; takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delay, or unexpected events.
Business Acumen – Understands business implications of decisions; displays orientation to profitability; demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; aligns work with strategic goals.
Communications – Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally; expresses ideas and thoughts in written form; exhibits good listening and comprehension; keeps others adequately informed; selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
Consultative Selling – Qualifies potential customers; builds rapport and establishes trust; asks questions to discover client business needs; applies product and market knowledge effectively; presents solutions that meets customer objectives; manages and documents sales process.
Cooperation – Establishes and maintains effective relationships; exhibits tact and consideration; offers assistance and support to co-workers; works cooperatively in group situations; works actively to resolve conflicts.
Financial Management – Responsibly allocates and accounts for the use of fiscal resources; works within the designed budget and keeps in mind the short and long-term organizational goals; considers cost implications of decisions; seeks ways to reduce costs; exercises cost control through expense monitoring and attention to detail.
Managing Customer Focus – Promotes customer focus; ensures that organizational resources and support are focused on meeting customer needs; holds others accountable for meeting customer needs; establishes relationships with key customers; monitors customer satisfaction; develops new approaches to meeting customer needs.
Managing People – Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; takes responsibility for subordinates' activities; makes oneself available to staff; provides regular performance feedback; develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth; solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external); fosters quality focus in others; improves processes, products and services; continually works to improve supervisory skills.
Performance Coaching – Defines responsibilities and expectations; sets goals and objectives; gives performance feedback; motivates for increased results; recognizes contributions; encourages training and development.
Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives; organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; develops realistic action plans.
Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Team Leadership – Fosters team cooperation; defines team roles and responsibilities; supports group problem solving; ensures progress toward goals; acknowledges team accomplishments.
Technical Expertise – Effectively applies technical knowledge to solve a range of problems; develops solutions to problems that cannot be solved using existing methods or approaches; is sought out to provide advice or solutions in the area of expertise; keeps informed about current developments in the area of expertise.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, or related field
- Minimum 5 years of experience in sales, preferably in the railing, deck, or building materials industry
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in sales management including experience managing independent sales representatives/groups
- Strong team leadership and coaching skills
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal skills
- Strong knowledge and demonstrated success selling through 2-step distribution channels
- Demonstrated success at selling differentiated products
- Ability analyze sales data and trends to determine action
- Proven ability to develop sales plans and hold people accountable to achieve plans
- Pro-actively develop and execute solutions that satisfy the needs of the customer and the business
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally with various internal teams on projects and key initiatives
- Willingness and ability to travel overnight up to 60% of the time
- Bilingual a plus
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job operates out of a home office environment within the field. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand; talk, hear, and use hands and fingers. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision requirements. Light to moderate lifting is required. Ability to uphold the stress of traveling.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS: The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.