Contract & Billing Specialist
- Job Title
- Contract & Billing Specialist
- Job ID
- Columbia, MD 21046
- Other Location
GSE is currently looking for a Billing Specialist who will play a key role in Finance and Accounting team. Reporting directly to the Revenue Manager, this individual will ensure that project contracts for GSE’s various divisions are accurately set up and invoiced timely. This individual is expected to work responsibly, independently, and diligently, take ownership of assigned tasks and responsibilities, and has the initiative to contribute toprocess improvement.
Essential Functions:• Contract set-up and maintenance in Oracle and QuickBooks
• Reviewing new orders for completion and back up documentation and circulating customer Purchase Agreements/Orders for review and sign off as needed.
• Set up billing milestones according to the PO terms.
• Prepare invoices and reconcile billing schedules
• Collaborate with Project Managers to ensure billings are done on time in both Oracle and QuickBooks, including comprehensive tracking of all billing schedules
• Work with Revenue Accountants to ensure alignment of Cost-plus and Time & Material jobs and related invoicing.
• Assist with collection activities where required, including monitoring of AR Aging Schedule for any unusual, long-outstanding amounts collectible form customers.
• Updates employees’ billing rates for employees with QuickBooks and Oracle
• Input timesheets for offsite employees
• Process PayPal/Credit Card Payments as needed for customers
• Maintains accounting records to ensure completeness and compliance with SOX 404.
Competencies:• Experience in Oracle highly desired; especially in a project related environment
• Experience in QuickBooks preferred
• Understanding of basic accounting concepts, processes and procedures
• Proficient in MS Excel
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple commitments
• Ability to work in a team environment
Education & Experience:• Associate degree or higher in Finance or Accounting and 1-3 years’ experience.