Senior Civil/Structural Engineer
- Job Title
- Senior Civil/Structural Engineer
- Job ID
- Remote, 76107
- Other Location
- Fort Worth, TX
GSE Solutions leverages five decades of proven industry experience and is searching for an experienced an Civil/Structural Engineer. GSE DP Engineering’s Civil/Structural Engineer specializes in providing consulting engineering services to the nuclear utility industry and operating facilities including studies, calculations, analysis, drawing revisions, etc.
- Visits clients to develop relationships, support project meetings, and develop new business opportunities.
- Ensures no out of scope work is performed until approved by the client and DP Engineering.
- Identifies any project issues that may affect project quality, schedule, or budget to the Project Manager and Responsible Engineer as soon as it is discovered.
- Out of scope items are identified and discussed with the Project Manager and Project Engineer before beginning work.
- Assists Responsible Engineer in support of assigned duties as required.
- Supports Project Manager in preparation of scopes of work, budget, and schedules for proposals.
- Mentors lower-level engineers and consultants.
- May be required to take temporary assignments at customer locations to support business needs and requirements.
- Completes projects and assignments at or below proposed budgeted billable hours.
- Meets project schedules.
- Maintains an individual percent billable as determined by goals set by the President.
- Manage, design, develop, create and maintain small-scale through to large-scale construction projects in a safe, timely and sustainable manner
- Conduct on site investigations and analyze data (maps, reports, tests, drawings and other)
- Carry out technical and feasibility studies and draw up blueprints that satisfy technical specifications
- Assess potential risks, materials and costs
- Provide advice and resolve creatively any emerging problems/deficiencies
- Oversee and mentor staff and liaise with a variety of stakeholders
- Handle over the resulting structures and services for use
- Monitor progress and compile reports in project status
- Manage budget and purchase equipment/materials
- Comply with guidelines and regulations including permits, safety etc and deliver technical files and other technical documentation as required
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects and deadlines
- Basic working knowledge and ability using tools for scheduling, projecting, tracking, managing time and dollars spent on projects.
- Ability to work as part of a team & mentor engineers
- Must have strong knowledge of engineering services in the Nuclear industry
- Must have thorough, demonstrated understanding and command of the DPE Quality Assurance Program.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft 365
- Interpersonal Skills – team player with ability to interface effectively with different levels of the organization both internally and with clients.
- Ability to initiate and prepare staffing and revenue forecasts and project budgets.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Must be capable of obtaining unescorted access at nuclear plants and other facilities.
- BS Degree in Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited program or equivalent experience in engineering related activities in industries served by DPE, the nuclear industry.
- 7-15 years of experience in design engineering for a firm doing similar work as DPE supporting nuclear and industrial projects
- Professional Engineers (PE) License preferred but not required.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
- General office environment. Work is generally sedentary in nature but may require standing and walking for up to 10% of the time.
- The working environment is generally favorable.
- Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc.
- Ability to obtain unescorted access
- Ability to travel