Part-Time Programming Associate
- Job Title
- Part-Time Programming Associate
- Job ID
- New York, NY 10001
- Other Location
Luminary is New York City’s premier collaboration hub - a first of its kind - for women and women-identified who are passionate about professional development and expanding their networks. With a diverse membership-based community (with no application process), we are defining a new category and reimagining a space for women-identified with an emphasis on investing in self-development, wellness, flexibility, and giving back. Members have access to a vibrant one-of-a-kind space in the NoMad neighborhood and a vast ecosystem of services, offerings, and perks.
Luminary is seeking a Programming Associate to join our dynamic and growing community. This is a great opportunity for someone seeking a career in event planning, advertising, marketing, or business. You will have the opportunity to assist in our member-focused events, as well as network within our community of several thousand women.
Luminary is focused on delivering high-impact programming whether it's one of our workshops, a Whisper Network Dinner, Luminary Speaker Series and more, we offer opportunities to learn, invest in your skills, and connect. In 2020, Luminary delivered close to 700 programs, workshops and events with over 70% being Luminary Member-led.
Working in a startup environment, the Programming Associate will report to the Director of Events & Program Strategy and work on a wide variety of projects including event communications, event production, pre/post event processes, logistical planning/coordination, and event project research and development. On an average week, Luminary hosts around 10 programs - all managed by the Programming Team. The position requires extreme attention to detail and strong communication skills to help execute the large volume and variety of programs that happen on a daily basis.
As a relatively young business, we are always looking for new and innovative ways to interact and engage with our members. We would encourage the Programming Associate to bring ideas and feedback to the team and would have them work on a few longer-term projects, assigned by the Director of Events & Program Strategy.
EVENT EXECUTION RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Set up and manage Event Registration Pages with specific guidelines on how to collect necessary registration data
- Create event assets and banners through Canva
- Maintain and update the Events and Programming Tracker and the shared Events Calendar
- Work with the Digital and Content Marketing team to ensure all programs are listed on the public website
- Assist full-time staff with execution of digital events through Zoom, StreamYard, and various other platforms
- Provide frequent registration updates to team, panelists, and members
- Upload all event recordings to our Luminary Library within 1 business day of each event
- Write Key Takeaways from designated events to be used in the newsletter and on the Luminary social media accounts
- Monitor the performance of programs and use analytics to provide insightful ideas on future programs
- Create and maintaining best practices, FAQs, and any additional Event related documents or processes for Programming at Luminary
- Export event data from our digital platform and Zoom, including those registered, attended, and no-shows
- Lead conversations with Luminary members about their events
The role will be fast-paced and the Programming Associate will have an opportunity to gain experience in many aspects by supporting all types of events within the startup. They will also be able to meet and interact with other members of the Luminary team to learn more about their roles and experience with building out the Luminary community. This is a great opportunity to enhance skills in organization, multi-tasking, communications, and learn about event production, event marketing, and event operations in a startup environment. You would also have an opportunity to interact with Luminary members while working, build new connections, and learn from the content of the workshops and events.
- Completing (or completed) a college degree program that has coursework and/or a concentration that is relevant to the job description
- Extreme attention to detail and accuracy on all tasks
- Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Critical eye for designing assets that are clean and on-brand
- Excellent time management skills and prioritization skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, start-up environment with strong sense of urgency
- Professional presence and demeanor
- Experience using Google Drive and Google Work tools
- This position will require daytime and evening work depending on the event schedule.
- This position would be 20 hours per week on a schedule decided with the Director of Events & Program Strategy
- This position is available starting immediately
- This position would be either completely in-person at the Luminary-NYC coworking space or a combination of both virtual and in-person
WE LOVE CANDIDATES WHO...
- Are a self-motivated individual with a sense of urgency and love of engaging people
- Demonstrate integrity, dependability, responsibility, accountability, self-awareness, work ethic, and empathy
- Have a passion for entrepreneurial communities and advancing womxn in the workplace and beyond
- Believe in, advocate for, and create diverse and inclusive spaces for ALL
- Understand Luminary's mission and values
Luminary is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. We strongly encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use. For example: she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc.