- Job Title
- Helpdesk Technician
- Job ID
- Fredricksburg, VA 22401
- Other Location
The job of the Helpdesk Technician is to provide Tier I/II support to the JPRA user base. This includes, but is not limited to the following areas of responsibilities:
1. Create and work end-user tickets utilizing the agency provided ticket system.
2. Perform daily helpdesk checks.
3. Perform user and computer management within Microsoft Active Directory.
4. Provision and manage NIPRNET/SIPRNET Defense Enterprise Email accounts.
5. Issue/Receive equipment to/from end-users as needed.
6. Order and maintain printer consumables and other end-user items as needed.
1. Perform new equipment installations as needed.
2. Process and perform user move requests as needed.
3. Perform equipment lifecycle requests as needed.
1. Provide Tier I/II troubleshooting and problem resolution as required.
2. Assist Audio/Video team with troubleshooting of classroom presentation equipment.
1. Apply/Update software on all end-user equipment on NIPRNET/SIPRNET/ACCM/JWICS to maintain USCYBERCOM IAVM compliance.
2. Apply/Update DISA Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG) to all end-user equipment.
3. Work with the IA Engineer, ISSO, and ISSM to comply with all USCYBERCOM security guidelines.
4. Comply with all Air Force guidelines.
5. Work with the IA Engineer, ISSO, and ISSM to remediate all discovered vulnerabilities within a timely manner.
1. Document and maintain current user documentation and checklists.
2. Maintain user folders.
3. Provide a weekly status of activities performed and/or completed.
EQUIPMENT ACQUISITION / ACCOUNTABILITY / DISPOSAL
1.Input Purchase Orders into the government provided Purchase Order system.
2.Inventory, asset tag, and add to inventory database all end-user equipment received.
3.Update inventory database when equipment is moved, fielded, or removed from service.
4. Work with and assist all equipment custodians with annual inventory of equipment.
5. Work with and assist all equipment custodians with DRMO process of equipment that is no longer needed.
SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS
1. Must possess a current SECRET and be eligible for TS/SCI security clearance.
2. Must meet DoD 8570 certification compliance at the IAT II level.
a. CompTIA Security+ CE (must possess current certification at start date)
b. MTA: Windows Operating System Fundamental or Microsoft 365 Certified: Modern Desktop Administrator Associate (must possess one of the two current certification at start date)