Graphic Designer - Remote within DFW
- Job Title
- Graphic Designer - Remote within DFW
- Job ID
- Garland, TX 75040
- Other Location
Graphic Designer - Remote within DFW
Manager: Brand Marketing Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Location: Garland, TX
Fortress Building Products is seeking a Graphic Designer to join our team in a multi-faceted role that includes but is not limited to graphic design, marketing collateral, website updates, email communications, print advertising, social media graphics, and photography/video management. This role will utilize a wide variety of mediums and channels to communicate the Fortress Building Products brand and message through several marketing initiatives, projects, tasks, and industry events. The Graphic Designer will report to the Brand Marketing Manager.
Candidates must submit a portfolio of work to be considered. Please include a link to an online portfolio in resume or email a PDF to email@example.com. Previous professional experience in B2B with digital, e-commerce, or retail design is highly preferred.
OUR PURPOSE STATEMENT
Lead Global Change in the Way People Build and Live
Innovative Building Solutions
OUR CORE VALUES
Work Hard, Play Hard – We seek passionate people. We take our work seriously and we take the enjoyment of our lives seriously.
Positive, Can DO Attitude – We are optimistic, we set challenging goals and we find a way to accomplish them. We approach challenges with the intention of finding solutions.
Compete & Win As A TEAM – We put the TEAM first. Our team is what makes our company great. We are a competitive group that like to win. We keep score.
Innovate & Seek Continuous Improvement – We believe it can always be better. We want better products and processes. We want to be better individuals. We want to be a better organization.
We Are Respectful – We respect fellow team members, our partners, ourselves and our company. We are known to be “the good guys”.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develop customized Marketing POS for our channel partners and the building products industry to bring the Fortress brand to life.
- Communicate directly with sales representatives to understand channel partners needs.
- Be a steward of the Fortress Building Products brand and maintain brand standards across marketing concepts and communications
- Collaborate with the marketing team and other internal team members to conceptualize marketing pieces including email layouts, interactive media, videos, presentations, sales collateral, web pages, print media, product packaging, and labels.
- Assist with production by pulling necessary elements from asset libraries.
- Maintain an accurate and current library of digital brand and product assets.
- Analyze design trends and provide design ideas/direction for future campaigns; keep current with trends in consumer experience, technology, and other related design influencers.
- Create layouts and edit various marketing materials for print and digital campaigns.
- Update product packaging artwork.
- Manage creative updates across various customer facing marketing portals.
- Work products may include email layouts, interactive media, videos, presentations, sales collateral, web and direct mail pieces, print media, packaging, etc.
COMPETENCIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delay, or unexpected events.
Communications – Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally; expresses ideas and thoughts in written form; exhibits good listening and comprehension; keeps others adequately informed; selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
Cooperation – Establishes and maintains effective relationships; exhibits tact and consideration; offers assistance and support to co-workers; works cooperatively in group situations; works actively to resolve conflicts.
Customer Focus – Identifies and prioritizes customer needs and recognizes constraints; responds promptly to customer needs; seeks to find out more about customers and provide a better product or service; adopts professional approach to customers; is reliable and delivers on promises.
Dependability – Follows instructions; responds to management direction; takes responsibility to own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternative plan.
Design – Generates creative solutions; translates concepts and information into images; uses feedback to modify designs; applies design principles; demonstrates attention to detail.
Initiative – Volunteers readily; undertakes self-development activities; seeks increased responsibilities; takes independent actions and calculated risks; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; asks for and offers help when needed.
Innovation – Displays original thinking and creativity; meets challenges with resourcefulness; generates suggestions for improving work; develops innovative approaches and ideas; presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others’ attention.
Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives; organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; develops realistic action plans.
Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Project Management – Develops project plans; coordinates projects; communicates changes and progress; completes projects on time and budget; manages project team activities.
Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
Quantity – Meets productivity standards; completes work in a timely manner; strives to increase productivity; works quickly.
Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
Use of Technology – Demonstrates required skills; adapts to new technologies; troubleshoots technological problems; uses technology to increase productivity; keeps technical skills up to date.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 3+ years of applicable design experience
- Digital, e-commerce, or retail design experience highly preferred
- Advanced capabilities with Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Acrobat
- Strong understanding of design principles, layout strategies, and typography
- Advanced knowledge of digital mediums
- Demonstrated ability to manage time and work efficiently on multiple projects, concurrently
- Ability to see projects through to completion and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Good organizational and communication skills that support the rest of the team
- Willingness to listen to feedback and use it to improve design standards
- Occasionally travel for training, customer visits, marketing planning meetings, product trainings, photo shoots, and annual trade shows
- Portfolio of work required
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
This job operates in a home office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand; talk, hear, and use hands and fingers. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision requirements. Light to moderate lifting is required. Ability to uphold the stress of traveling.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS: The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.