Shipping & Receiving Coordinator
- Job Title
- Shipping & Receiving Coordinator
- Germantown, WI 53022
- Other Location
Summary of Role
The Shipping and Receiving Coordinator is accountable for driving results in a fast-paced environment by being responsible to assist the site with all material handling, shipping and receiving and proper documentation and data entry as required. The position requires superior leadership behaviors of the Sterling core competencies and non-negotiables, as well as expertise in functional competencies included in this position profile.
- Receives and properly documents all incoming shipments to the company, entering and ensuring timely document recording and data entry as required into software.
- Utilize SDS sheets to properly and safely handle and store chemicals.
- Processes and resolves relevant receiving and invoice inquiries.
- Receives and delivers letters and packages to various recipients.
- Responsible for all material handling: properly reserve and stage in correct areas for storage and manufacturing staging, deliver chemicals as required, pull materials for use based on FIFO and FEFO principles as applicable.
- Documents and safely performs transfers of chemicals and other products between the storage rooms and between buildings.
- Prepares appropriate documents to support out-going shipments, e.g. billings of lading, packing slip, commercial invoice, hazardous goods declarations, in accordance with company procedures and appropriate regulations, e.g. DOT, IATA etc.
- Disposes of various waste and recyclable materials and containers generated within the facility including preparing empty drums for pickup, ensuring these are properly labeled and securely closed.
- Maintains an orderly system for chemical storage areas using FIFO methods and chemical segregation rules.
- Cleans and documents storage room cleanings as required by SOPs.
- Maintains a clean work environment on dock and all other areas as required.
- Conducts physical inventory as needed. Performs monthly inventory cycle counts and periodic full physical inventory procedures.
- Operates forklift, pallet-jack.
- Completes routine safety inspections of equipment (i.e. forklifts) per department procedures.
- Knows and adheres to OSHA regulations with respect to material handling, shipping and receiving.
- Ensures timely completion and compliance with cGMP and all other relevant company training requirements.
- An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Ability to perform complex math functions, compute ratios, rate, and percent.
- Ability to draw and interpret graphs and charts.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- The ability to work with people at all levels of the organization.
- Basic knowledge of computers and PC’s.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word and internet.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Dynamix AX, SAP or similar electronic inventory management systems.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
- Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent along with 3 years of Shipping/Receiving/Inventory experience, preferably in a chemical environment with handling of dangerous goods shipments.
Sterling values diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, past or present military service, marital status, gender identification or expression, medical condition (including genetic characteristics) or any other protected characteristic as established by law.