- Job Title
- Analytical Chemist
- Germantown, WI 53022
- Other Location
This is a night shift opportunity from 6pm to 630am on a 2-2-3 rotation. Starting pay at $24/hour with $3.50 shift premium with $4,000/year retention bonus.
Summary of Role
The Analytical Chemist is accountable for driving results in a fast-paced environment by performing analytical routine and non-routine testing in support of active pharmaceutical ingredients development or pharmaceutical manufacturing. Testing performed directly supports manufacturing through the release of raw materials, intermediates and API’s; as well as in-process controls, equipment cleaning verification, reference standard qualification, and stability program. The Analytical Chemist will develop the ability to efficiently organize the routine work with minimum supervision and to properly evaluate and interpret generated data. The position requires superior leadership behaviors of the Sterling core competencies and non-negotiables, as well as expertise in functional competencies included in this position profile.
- Learn to follow cGMP documentation and work instructions accurately and completely.
- Performs basic laboratory functions including: weighing/balance use, solution preparation, pipetting, pH meter use.
- Performs routine testing for the following techniques/instrumentation: appearance, FT-IR, Karl Fischer, TGA/DSC, HPLC.
- Conducts testing to support release of raw materials, intermediates, and API's. Testing also includes support for in-process controls, equipment cleaning verification, reference standard qualification, and stability program.
- Learn and perform laboratory and glassware cleaning, handling of high potent and controlled substances, and prepares samples for 3rd party testing.
- Learn to accurately and efficiently maintain department metrics.
- Ensures timely completion and compliance with cGMP and all other relevant company training requirements.
- An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Education and Experience
- Associates Degree in Chemistry or related field with 0-3 years of experience in an API GMP manufacturing facility, OR
- Bachelors Degree in Chemistry or related field with 0-2 years of experience in an API GMP manufacturing facility.
- Other combinations of education and experience may be considered as equivalent at the discretion of Human Resources and the hiring manager.
- Ability to learn various instrumental techniques such as: melting point, NMR, TOC, Karl Fischer Oven, UV-vis, Polarimeter, Particle Sizer, XRPD, HPLC charged aerosol detector, and UPLC preferred.
- Ability to learn manual titrations and/or use of automatic titrator preferred.
- Ability to learn tasks relating to facility and/or environmental monitoring such as process water sampling, environmental gas testing, and air particulate testing preferred.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals technical procedures and governmental regulations.
- Ability to perform complex math functions, compute ratios, rates, and percentages.
- Ability to draw and interpret graphs and charts.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Candidates need to be competent with IT systems, and Microsoft Office including Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
- Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Diversity and Inclusion
Sterling values diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, past or present military service, marital status, gender identification or expression, medical condition (including genetic characteristics) or any other protected characteristic as established by law.Why consider Sterling?
Sterling Pharma Solutions is a global contract development and manufacturing organisation (CDMO) with more than 50 years’ experience in developing and manufacturing Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs). This is complimented by Antibody Drug Conjugate (ADC) research and development bioconjugation services.
We are a fast growing, dynamic business with facilities in the UK and the US, where we employ more than 800 talented and passionate people who support our customers in bringing new medicines to market, improving and saving the lives of patients.
Our culture and our way of working is what really sets us apart as a business; we aim to deliver an exceptional experience to our customers and our employees. You can expect to be part of a supportive team, all working towards a shared goal: to deliver first-class science and service to our customers every day.