Business Development Director, Technical Training
- Job Title
- Business Development Director, Technical Training
- Job ID
- Other Location
We are visionaries, and the solutions we create now will be at the forefront of the power industry. GSE Solutions leverages five decades of proven industry experience to provide unique and essential engineering and workforce solutions, services and products focused on performance optimization, regulatory compliance, simulation, training, and staffing for customers worldwide. As one of the few independent public companies serving the clean energy sector of nuclear power and adjacent industries, our solutions support the future of clean energy production and overall decarbonization initiatives of the power industry. www.gses.com
Grow current customer base and acquire new customers. Work with current and potential customers, current and potential Field Professionals and staff to meet corporate sales/profit/growth goals.
- Work with supervisor to develop clear and measurable annual goals and objectives and track progress.
- Develop and maintain relationships with new and potential customers leading to accomplishment of goals and objectives, visit current and potential clients as necessary.
- Maintain close relationships with Field Professionals to include performing and logging required check in calls, updating start/end dates, and correcting contact information.
- Provide timely feedback to the Recruiting Department for candidate submittals and selections.
- Provide Budget/Forecast projections and manage costs in accordance with company policy.
- Review contracts, teaming agreements, and financial reports.
- Create fixed price and hourly based proposals for services provided to customers.
- Work with Finance to ensure Payroll/Invoicing/Cost Tracking is done correctly.
- As necessary, work with customers to meet invoice net terms obligations.
- Manage office equipment; use, understand, and utilize Brightmove, Oracle, Paylocity and Customer’s databases according to policies;
- Understand and explain common GSE Workforce Solutions business practices and processes, to include company stance on IRS regulations, benefits package offerings, and burden mark-ups.
- Mentor/develop Account Manager(s) and Recruiter(s).
- Mentor and help develop new Directors.
- Develop marketing materials as assigned.
- Recruit and format résumés, when necessary.
- Strong interpersonal/customer service skills
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal).
- Ability to converse with clients (technical awareness).
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to function as part of a team
- Basic office and computer skills, i.e., navigating, word processing, data entry, internet access, printing, etc.
- Successful sales and subject matter experience preferred.
- Ability to coordinate the efforts of a team that are not direct reports.
Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Psychology or related field and 5-7 years’ related experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
Current or previous SRO training is a strong plus.
Minimum of 5 years experience in the nuclear power industry. Experience with nuclear operations training a must, including understanding of differences between different plant types (BWR/PWR, including different designs). Prior experience with staffing augmentation preferred.
Knowledge and understanding of nuclear training programs, organizations, and classes for both operations and maintenance such as: Initial License, Non-License, Requalification, Simulator, Classroom, and General Fundamentals. Additional knowledge needed with material development including: objectives, lesson plans, simulator scenarios, and exam bank.