Director, Global Supply Chain Management
- Job Title
- Director, Global Supply Chain Management
- Job ID
- BOSTON, MA 02210
- Other Location
Founded in 2017, Activ Surgical is a first-of-its kind digital surgery company focused on improving surgical efficiency, accuracy, patient outcomes and accessibility for both endoscopic and robotically assisted procedures. Activ Surgical’s scalable and patent-protected surgical software platform technology is driven by computer vision, artificial intelligence, analytics, and machine learning to enhance a surgeon’s intra-operative decision making and reduce unintended and preventable surgical complications.
Activ Surgical is looking for individuals who are interested in shaping the future of healthcare by improving patient outcomes, reducing healthcare costs, and addressing unintended surgical complications.
You will join a team where everyone—including you—is striving to constantly create innovative technology. We are an incredibly supportive team–we love to pitch in when problems arise and give great peer feedback to help each other grow. We are passionate about lots of things—artificial intelligence, machine learning, autonomous robotics and a great user experience--and we love sharing those passions with each other.
Fortune 500 Health & Wellness
Activ Surgical is seeking a Director, Global Supply Chain Management to provide strategic direction and oversight of all aspects of R&D and commercial global supply management operations. This role will establish a new way of working across the enterprise by building and improving supply management processes, enabling clear communication, prioritization, and escalation internally and externally. Activ Surgical’s Global Supply Management leader a highly visible and critical member of the executive team who plays a key role at the intersection of product development, manufacturing, and market operations. The scope of this role is broad and encompasses all end-to-end supply activities including demand planning, supply planning, supply chain operations, supplier relationship management, logistics & 3PL management, and life cycle implementation management. This leader will work across the enterprise to design and implement an integrated global supply management to enable Activ Surgical’s corporate initiatives and pipeline strategy.
Reporting to the VP, Operations, the Director, Global Supply Chain Management will be responsible for all aspects of Activ Surgical’s global supply chain organization and capabilities including Demand & Supply Planning, Procurement & Inventory Management, Logistics, and Supplier Relations Management. We are looking for an experienced leader who will help us build an organization fit-for-growth to deliver innovative solutions to the clinician and patients we serve.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the identification of sourcing opportunities for new product, service, and licensing agreements, optimization of supplier relationships, research entry into new product markets, and the management of system-wide supplier performance.
By working collaboratively with key internal and external stakeholders, this leader will drive best in class supply management practices to maximize opportunities, promote contract compliance, and drive continuous improvement.
- Responsible for the strategic development and deployment of Activ Surgical’s supply management operating model.
- Represents all Supply Management functions on the Executive Leadership Team and enterprise-wide strategic governance forums.
- This role will develop and maintain contact with top decision makers and executives with Activ Surgical’s Supply base partners and across the enterprise to stay current on strategic initiatives and align imperatives.
- Directs and oversees Supply Planning and Inventory Management including supply and operations planning with contract manufacturing partner and sub tier suppliers as appropriate.
- Leads and facilitates robust sourcing and procurement decisions working closely with cross-functional partners.
- Strong cross-functional collaboration with Commercial, Finance, Manufacturing, Quality, Research & Development, and other key stakeholders to ensure a robust, compliant, and reliable end-to-end supply chain.
- Drives continuous improvement through effective organizational management, budgeting, reporting, project management and operational excellence within the function.
- Establish and monitor KPI’s for business processes to measure continuous improvement.
- Responsible for organizational health and effectiveness. Foster employee engagement, development and improvement of skills and structure is critical for this role.
- BA Degree in the business, supply chain or supply Management
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in medical device supply management, Global experience preferred.
- Experience in the areas of sourcing and procurement, contract negotiations, and particularly contract manufacturing relationship management.
- Demonstrated understanding of the supply management and operations processes from strategic sourcing, procurement through distribution, including an understanding of the interdependencies of functional groups.
- Industry experience in design and optimization of supply chain processes and systems including ERP implementation experience.
- Working understanding of medical device compliance requirements associated with US, EU, ICH and other pertinent regulatory agencies.
- Ability to build and SIOP organization to effectively deliver demand/capacity planning, launch support and long-range planning.
- High degree of emotional intelligence, strong listening skills, and exceptional written and verbal communication abilities
- Proven understanding of global distribution requirements and industry best practices.
- Be an expert negotiator. Able to facilitate a collaborative process with internal negotiation teams and negotiate product and service contracts at a mastery level.
- Possess a strong working knowledge of Supply Chain SIOP process and supply chain logistics.
- Excellent problem solving and leadership skills.
- Highly self-motivated and strong relationship management skills.
- Experience with licensing agreements or negotiating large multi-million-dollar complex deals