Everything has a purpose in life. Ours is to repurpose.
CircleIT is a B Corporation focused on repurposing electronic devices to create beneficial customer, environmental and social outcomes. We are people using business as a force for good and we’re on a mission to transform the technology disposal industry by repurposing (instead of recycling) devices to create environmental and social good. Do you want to be part of a company where you are valued for your contribution and get to play a role in positively impacting our environment by helping to create a circular economy? Come join our team where you get to be part of something bigger.
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive Benefits, including medical, dental, vision,401(k)
- Being part of a growing company that values our employees, teamwork, transparency, integrity and always doing the right thing
- Join an exciting mission to transform an industry while creating positive environmental and social outcomes
- A work environment that allows you to reach your full potential
Environmental Compliance Specialist
- Job Title
- Environmental Compliance Specialist
- Job ID
- Oklahoma City, OK 73107
- Other Location
CircleIT is a digital ITAD provider and Certified B Corporation focused on repurposing data-bearing technology devices to create beneficial customer, environmental and social outcomes. CircleIT provides the highest level of security to its clients, wiping data beyond the Department of Defense standards, and holds certifications from over a dozen accredited parties including NAID AAA Certification. CircleIT has set the security standard in the ITAD industry for the past 20 years and pioneered certified ESG reporting for enterprises and a digital ITAD solution for remote workers, small businesses, and consumers.
Join our Team:
Be a part of a fast-growing team that is committed to our customers, our communities, and building a circular economy.
We are looking for an Environmental & Compliance Specialist to join our growing business. We want someone who Is looking to be part of something bigger than themselves, embrace adversity as the way, and as a result, we are all better from the experience together.
What you will gain:
This role will provide training and development far beyond anything you’ve experienced before. You will learn best practices in EHS, ESG, and certification programs which will benefit your career at CircleIT and beyond. And it will not just be education – it will be hand-on experience!
What You Will Do:
As the Environmental & Compliance Specialist, you will help ensure regulatory compliance with applicable EHS (environmental, and health & safety) requirements. The Environmental/Compliance Specialist will assist in the planning, implementation, and coordination of environmental programs and ensure compliance with requirements and regulations.
- Promote the implementation of EHS programs, procedures, and activities
- Coordinate with all levels of management to determine the most effective EHS solutions
- Serve as the lead in driving EHS culture at the site
- Manage all audits, compliance reviews, and other EHS assessments from start to finish
- Compile reports and findings of surveys and audits for review, make corrective action recommendations and track to closure
- Promote and maintain the current compliance culture throughout the organization
- Collaborate with staff and ensure compliance with regulations and policies
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge of Federal, State and Local regulations
- Conduct and manage EHS training of site personnel
- Facilitate and conduct incident investigations and assist with the development of corrective actions
- Establishes work procedures and processes that support the company and departmental standards
- Identifies system and workflow improvements to enhance efficiency
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- 4+ years of Compliance/Environmental or Safety experience
- Working knowledge of environmental compliance in a facilities or production environment
- Experience in identification and handling of hazardous waste and universal waste, estimating GHG emissions, and monitoring/reporting.
- Ability to interact/communicate with all levels of management and employees in a professional/friendly manner despite periods of stress
- Experience being proactive to identify problems and develop solutions
- Demonstrated fluency with computers and the full Microsoft product line, with emphasis on Excel
- Ability to prioritize and stay organized
- Proven ability to interpret and provide guidance on laws, rules, and regulations
- Ability to balance multiple, competing priorities and changes in scope/direction
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail
Our employees are our most important asset and is reflected in our benefits. We are proud to offer a variety of benefits to support employees and their families, including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Life Insurance and Disability
- Vacation and Holidays
- Retirement Plan
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.