- Job Title
- Shipping Administrator
- Job ID
- Garland, TX 75040
- Other Location
Job Title: Shipping Administrator
Manager: Warehouse Manager
FLSA Status: Hourly
Location: Garland, TX
The Shipping Administrator will be responsible for the day-to-day planning and administrative tasks related to the shipping and receiving functions for Fortress Building Products – Garland, TX location.
OUR CORE VALUES
Work Hard, Play Hard – We seek passionate people. We take our work seriously and we take the enjoyment of our lives seriously.
Positive, Can DO Attitude – We are optimistic, we set challenging goals and we find a way to accomplish them. We approach challenges with the intention of finding solutions.
Compete & Win As A TEAM – We put the TEAM first. Our team is what makes our company great. We are a competitive group that like to win. We keep score.
Innovate & Seek Continuous Improvement - We believe it can always be better. We want better products and processes. We want to be better individuals. We want to be a better organization.
We Are Respectful – We respect fellow team members, our partners, ourselves and our company. We are known to be “the good guys”.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Release new orders into the WMS system for picking
- Coordinate physical picking documents for next day picker assignment.
- Ensure that all uncompleted physical picking documents are placed back into the pickers assignment folder at the end of each day.
- Monitor open orders in the picking and shipping process and work with the appropriate department to ensure timely completion.
- Complete all freight estimate request
- Work with shipping clerk to create loads and schedule the truckload , LTL and complete necessary BOL’s
- Follow up with tracking and delivery POD.
- Coordinate pool truckload shipments to common destinations
- Schedule container receiving appointments
- Prepare commercial invoices and other export documents to support international shipments
- Prepare daily/weekly shipping metrics for reporting and update all appropriate parties and dashboards.
- Collaborate with accounting for transportation invoice discrepancies and resolve with provider
- Maintain a clean work environment and work with Warehouse Manager to ensure that warehouse facility is in compliance of all health and safety regulations specified by the Department of Labor and the State of Texas.
COMPETENCIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Cooperation - Establishes and maintains effective relationships; Exhibits tact and consideration; Offers assistance and support to co-workers; Works cooperatively in group situations; Works actively to resolve conflicts.
Job Knowledge - Competent in required job skills and knowledge; Exhibits ability to learn and apply new skills; Keeps abreast of current development; Requires minimal supervision; Displays understanding of how job relates to others; Uses resources effectively.
Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility to own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternative plan.
Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in a timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent, some college preferred
- 2+ years in clerical shipping environment
- Experienced in load scheduling and carrier assignments for outbound orders
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- Able to perform basic math equations
- Self-motivated, in need of minimal supervision
- Must be punctual and reliable
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Team player, eager to be cross-trained
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills and leadership attributes to manage the day-to-day activities and implement long range goals
- Experience with UPS WorldShip, FedEx Ship Manager a plus
- Experience in Export documentation a plus
- Experience with a Warehouse Management System / Barcode Picking and Shipping a plus
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand; talk, hear, and use hands and fingers. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision requirements. Moderate to heavy lifting is required.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job operates in a warehouse environment.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS: The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.