Senior Embedded Hardware Development Engineer (Hybrid Remote/On-Site) (Electrical & Software Engineering, PCB Design and BLDC motor controls)
- Job Title
- Senior Embedded Hardware Development Engineer (Hybrid Remote/On-Site) (Electrical & Software Engineering, PCB Design and BLDC motor controls)
- Job ID
- Rochester Hills, MI 48309
- Other Location
Title: Senior Embedded Hardware Development Engineer (Hybrid Remote/On-Site – Rochester Hills, MI) (Electrical & Software Engineering, PCB Design and BLDC motor controls)
Direct Hire - $125K-$150K
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
BASIC PURPOSE AND FUNCTION:
This role is responsible for developing, design and testing electronic controls for devices using electric BLDC motors. This senior position will lead the development activities, including hardware design, including requirements gathering, concept development, component selection, schematic design, circuit board layout, product integration testing, and manufacturing readiness preparation. The ability to write code as part of the development is highly desirable. The holder of this position will also act a technical subject expert for the control board design within our organizzation and to customers.
This position has the following responsibilities:
- Implement and simulate digital, analog and power electronics circuits using modern tools and techniques
- Build, troubleshoot, analyze and test digital, analog and power electronics circuits in a lab setting
- Write code to test the controller and enable basic functionality
- Understand circuit schematics and electronic component datasheets
- Provide input on product design and strategy
- Work with manufacturers and internal/external customers to build and refine products
- Test the controller and the device as required for the purpose of design confirmation
POSITION DIMENSIONS (SCOPE) (e.g., reporting structure, personnel responsibility, decision-making authority, budget responsibility):
This position reports to the Technical Sr Manager for New Technology Innovation and is responsible for developing, testing and supporting electronic controls for BLBC centric devices.
CONTACTS: (internal/external: frequency, level & nature):
External contact with supplier to ensure electric control board meets our requirements and standards. Internal contact with global engineering team and plant team like Quality Engineer, Process Engineer, Prototype Technician, Buyer etc. frequently.
Other (% travel, working conditions, unusual work schedule):
Office hours are normal with overtime required. Travel to supplier facilities and plant and global facilities is required.
Skills (manual, self expression, planning, organizing):
- 4-Year Degree in Electrical Engineering or Software Engineering
- 10 years of experience in electronic or power electronics product development with PCB fabrication and assembly, particularly focused on BLDC motor controls
- PCBA vendor interface experience
- Experience with CAE tools including: schematic capture, analog/digital simulation and integrated development environments.
- Capability to write software for the controller
- Understand electronic principles, control theory, and their applications
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Experience designing controls for BLDC motors
- International company experience
- Firmware development experience
- Experience with CAN/LIN bus communication