Junior Investor Accounting Specialist
- Job Title
- Junior Investor Accounting Specialist
- Job ID
- Seattle, WA 98133
- Other Location
CU HOME MORTGAGE SOLUTIONS Jr Investor Accounting Specialist
DEPARTMENT: CUHMS FACILITY: Headquarters
REPORTS TO: Sr Investor Acct/Production Manager SUPERVISES: N/A
GRADE LEVEL: 7 FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
POSITION SUMMARYAssists in the overall function and operation of the Investor Accounting Department with a concentration on daily FNMA/FHLMC reconciliation/remittance/reporting; Daily rate sheet distribution; CUHMS invoices & corresponding GL reconciliations; FICS daily close out and balancing; Back up Sr. Investor Accounting Specialist job duties
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Processes FICS daily close out for Mtg. Servicing Dept. Runs MS/MA daily closeout programs, balances related custodial account with payment reports and loan fundings
- Processes FICS investor group transfers for newly funded loans.
- Reconciles mortgage disbursement checking account with daily checks disbursed by Mtg. Servicing Dept. through FICS system
- FNMA/FHLMC daily investor reporting, payment remittance and reconciliation processes per the investor guidelines.
- Facilitates CUHMS invoice processing with Accounting, reconciliations of corresponding GL’s with invoices
- Daily Mortgage Rate sheet maintenance and distribution
- Processes CUHMS line of credit requests and repayments
- Pull FNMA Purchase Advice and perform corresponding loan maintenance
- Process correspondent loan funding transactions
- Pull FNMA/FHLMC monthly reconciliation reports from investor servicing system
- Cancelled/Withdrawn loan maintenance (pay related invoices, update secondary tracking, cancel investor commitments)
- Check in new loan promissory notes when received to Mtg. Servicing Dept.
- Order investor loan promissory notes for paid in full loans
- Assist and backup when needed in secondary marketing tracking, investor/correspondent loan commitment ordering, annual investor/credit union audits, and FNMA/FHLMC DQ reporting
- Assist and backup when needed in monthly FICS close out and partner invoice processing
- Backup monthly FNMA/FHLMC reporting, reconciliations, loan delivery, and shipping
- Other duties, as assigned
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of a High School diploma or equivalent.
- 2 years of accounting experience.
- Experience with Investor/Secondary Marketing accounting desired.
- Mortgage or Loan Servicing experience a plus.
- Experience using MS Word and Excel or similar applications
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Detail oriented and good organizational skills.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations and collect and analyze data.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Ability to present a positive and professional image to all employees and members.
- Ability to use a mainframe and personal computer.
- Ability to use a 10-key.
- Ability to interpret and analyze financial data.
- Solid problem-solving skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize to meet work deadlines.
PHYSICAL CONSIDERATIONSCU Home Mortgage Solutions is committed to working with its employees to reasonably accommodate them with the physical aspects of the position. The following is a list of physical considerations that are normally encountered in this job:
- Position requires the ability to effectively and efficiently communicate with a diverse field of membership and staff.
- Position requires the ability to sit or stand for long periods of time.
- Position requires the ability to work on computers for a long period of time in an office environment.
- Position requires the ability to be issued and maintain a valid notary certification.
- Position requires flexibility of hours during high volume periods.
Washington is an At-Will Employment State
Your employment is “at will”, meaning you are free to resign at any time, for any reason, with or without notice. CU Home Mortgage Solutions is also free to conclude the employment relationship with you at any time, for any reason, with or without notice.
No statement or promise by a CU Home Mortgage Solutions representative or board member may be interpreted as a change in the “at will” policy, nor would it constitute an employment or other contractual agreement.
- Pay Range
- $53,000.00 None to $60,000.00 None