- Job Title
- Supervisor, Maintenance
- Germantown, WI 53022
- Other Location
Summary of Role
The Maintenance Supervisor is accountable for driving results in a fast-paced environment by supervising and coordinating activities of personnel in the Maintenance department. Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, oversight for mechanical, grounds keeping, fire systems and in-house repairs throughout the facilities. Assists in developing resource plans that meet operational goals in terms of safety, quality, output and cost. Ensures and conducts proper staff training. Ensures that deliverables are met, or expectations are proactively managed towards alternative solutions. The position requires execution of the Sterling Values and non-negotiables, as well as expertise in functional competencies included in this position profile.
- Manages day to day activities of Maintenance Staff which include all work orders, contracted outside services and facility related emergencies.
- Oversees the inspection, maintenance and reporting of all electrical, plumbing, mechanical and other related systems in all departments of facility including process equipment, interior and exterior.
- Supervises and prioritizes work of the maintenance technicians. Makes project/work assignments with communication of the expected timeline
- Works with Scheduling to ensure timeliness completion of Maintenance Staff tasks.
- Works with other managers/supervisors to identify problem items and develop solutions.
- Maintains and assists with implementation of preventative maintenance and reliability programs in accordance with SOPs, cGMPs and industry expectations.
- Remains technically competent and keep current in new developments within the field of industrial maintenance.
- Provides maintenance training and leadership for subordinate maintenance positions.
- Responsible for driving a culture of superior Safety in a Chemical Manufacturing Environment.
- Provides troubleshooting support as needed.
- Develops, maintains, and reports on maintenance key performance indicators within the department.
- Effectively communicates with peers, internal groups, and vendors.
- Ensures timely completion and compliance with cGMP and all other relevant company training requirements.
- An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Attracts, develops, and retains a high performing team to meet the current and evolving needs of the business through effective selection, training and development, coaching and mentoring and performance management.
- Ability to interpret drawings, graphs and charts.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Performs assigned tasks carefully and on schedule according to standard operating procedure and supervisor instructions.
- Ability to work with people at all levels of the organization
- Basic knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office software products
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills, planning skills and managing competing work priorities.
- Develops organization and others. Takes ownership to develop self and others. Seeks out new opportunities and experiences for continuous learning.
- Directly leads team of approximately 4 – 8 direct reports.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
- Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Maintenance or related Engineering field with a minimum of 2 years of experience in manufacturing maintenance (chemical or pharmaceutical experience preferred), OR
- Associate degree in a Maintenance or related Engineering field with 5-8 years of experience in manufacturing maintenance (chemical or pharmaceutical experience preferred) with 2 or more years of supervisory responsibilities, OR
- High school diploma or equivalent and minimum of 8-10 years of experience in manufacturing maintenance (chemical or pharmaceutical experience preferred) with 2 or more years of supervisory responsibilities.
Other Qualifications, skills and abilities
- This position is not eligible for a flexible schedule.
- Is available for on call 24/7 to handle emergency calls: burglar alarms, fire alarms, and facility(s) issues.
Diversity and Inclusion
Sterling values diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, past or present military service, marital status, gender identification or expression, medical condition (including genetic characteristics) or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
Why Consider Sterling?
Sterling Pharma Solutions is a global contract development and manufacturing organisation (CDMO) with more than 50 years’ experience in developing and manufacturing Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs). This is complimented by Antibody Drug Conjugate (ADC) research and development bioconjugation services.
We are a fast growing, dynamic business with facilities in the UK and the US, where we employ more than 800 talented and passionate people who support our customers in bringing new medicines to market, improving and saving the lives of patients.
Our culture and our way of working is what really sets us apart as a business; we aim to deliver an exceptional experience to our customers and our employees. You can expect to be part of a supportive team, all working towards a shared goal: to deliver first-class science and service to our customers every day.