Proposal Engineer (Mechanical) (100% On-Site w/ some flex) - Direct Hire
- Job Title
- Proposal Engineer (Mechanical) (100% On-Site w/ some flex) - Direct Hire
- Job ID
- Plymouth, MI 48170
- Other Location
Title: Proposal Engineer (Mechanical) (100% On-Site w/ some flex)
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
Job SummaryThe Proposal Engineer is responsible for generating capital equipment sales proposals to include drawings, technical specifications and cost estimates.
- Generate sales proposals: drawings (initial concept), technical specification, cost estimates
- Ensure customer requests are satisfied in the sales proposal. Attend customer meetings & conference calls as required
- Contract review (before order acceptance)
- Be the liaison between engineering and sales departments to ensure the success of all
- Review sales information and determine if there is sufficient information to prepare a proposal
- Distribute sales requests to other departments as required
- Ensure all sales requests are properly setup and tracked
- All sales requests are logged
- Evaluate performance against tracking log with metric analysis
- Report status of engineering sales requests to sales team
- track cost estimates vs actual for each order
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- 5 years of experience in the design of mechanical and/or electromechanical systems
- Engineering and Technology – Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
- Ability to read/ understand mechanical prints
- AutoCAD and Inventor 3D CAD (or equivalent) knowledge
- Ability to prepare complex written reports and other documentation
- Basic knowledge of MS Office
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Embody the Ownership Brand Driver (Accountability, Commitment, Can-Do Attitude, Courage, & Humility)
- Physical Requirements
- Office - This position is located in an office and involves sedentary work. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.