Mortgage Servicing Specialist
- Job Title
- Mortgage Servicing Specialist
- Job ID
- Seattle, WA 98133
- Other Location
CU Home Mortgage Solutions Mortgage Servicing Specialist
DEPARTMENT: Mortgage Servicing FACILITY: Headquarters
REPORTS TO: Mortgage Servicing Operations Manager SUPERVISES: N/A
BAND LEVEL: 3 FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
POSITION SUMMARYAssist in the overall function and operation of the Mortgage Servicing Department with a concentration on maintaining excellent member service. Duties will include customer service by phone, semi annual tax disbursement process, payment processing, loan boarding & auditing, set-up and maintenance of loan insurance, loan payoffs, loan reconveyances, payoff statements, auditing and post-closing functions. Additional duties may also include document acquisition, archiving, reproduction, semi-annual tax disbursement, and escrow administration.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Execute semi-annual property tax payment and follow up on all property tax issues for serviced loans. Monitor and follow up with members on past due property taxes including force placing escrow as needed.
- New loan set-up process including uploading, funding, field audits, tax contracts, welcome letters and payment processing set up.
- Posting of various mortgage payment typed daily.
- Accurate posting of current, delinquent, exception, and payoff of mortgages, as requested.
- Administration of insurance escrow accounts including canceling PMI and waiving or establishing escrow.
- Track, disburse and administer of hazard, flood and mortgage insurance payments
- Accurate recordation of Loan Reconveyances; tracking of reconveyances loan files
- Processing and updating insurance binders
- Preparation of department filing for scanning into electronic files
- Administration tasks on paid off loans including requesting Notes from investors
- Opening and distribution of daily mail
- Verbal & written response to member mortgage servicing inquiries
- Accurate issuance of mortgage payoff statements,
- Assist in preparation, distribution and member inquiries of annual tax & insurance analysis and PMI insurance disclosures. Assist with annual escrow analysis and pre-audit.
- Adhering to investor guidelines while administrating insurance loss claims
- Assist in maintaining department audit reports as they pertain to this job description
- Make concentrated efforts to solve member problems and make sound decisions
- Greet members and guests to the Credit Union in a professional and courteous manner
- Other duties, as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of a High School diploma or equivalent.
- Entry Level position with willingness and ability to acquire mortgage servicing knowledge
- Bank Teller experience and/or mortgage background preferred
- Experience in a position involving extensive public contact and phone communication.
- Experience working in a matrixed, cross-functional team environment
Knowledge, Skills, and Attributes:
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Very detail oriented with good organizational skills.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations and collect and analyze data.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Ability to present a positive and professional image to all employees and members.
- Ability to use a personal computer.
- Ability to be certified as a notary.
- Ability to interpret and analyze financial data.
- Solid problem-solving skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize to meet work deadlines.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently manage multi-task duties.
- Knowledge of financial industry standards and regulations.
- Knowledge of loan policies & procedures, and fundamentals of mortgage lending concepts.
- Superior customer service skills
- Working knowledge of MS Word and Excel
PHYSICAL CONSIDERATIONS:CU Home Mortgage Solutions is committed to working with its employees to reasonably accommodate them with the physical aspects of the position. The following is a list of physical considerations that are normally encountered in this job:
- Position requires the ability to effectively and efficiently communicate with a diverse field of membership and staff.
- Position requires the ability to sit or stand for long periods of time.
- Position requires the ability to work on computers for a long period of time in an office environment.
- Position requires the ability to be issued and maintain a valid notary certification.
- Position requires flexibility of hours during high volume periods.
Washington is an At-Will Employment State
Your employment is “at will”, meaning you are free to resign at any time, for any reason, with or without notice. CU Home Mortgage Solutions is also free to conclude the employment relationship with you at any time, for any reason, with or without notice.
No statement or promise by a credit union representative or board member may be interpreted as a change in the “at will” policy, nor would it constitute an employment or other contractual agreement.
- Pay Range
- $23.59 None to $0.00 None