Customer Service Manager
- Job Title
- Customer Service Manager
- Job ID
- Boston, MA 02210
- Other Location
Customer Service Manager
Founded in 2017, Activ Surgical is a first-of-its kind digital surgery company focused on improving surgical efficiency, accuracy, patient outcomes and accessibility for both endoscopic and robotically assisted procedures. Activ Surgical’s scalable and patent-protected surgical software platform technology is driven by computer vision, artificial intelligence, analytics and machine learning to enhance a surgeon’s intra-operative decision making and reduce unintended and preventable surgical complications.
Activ Surgical is looking for individuals who are interested in shaping the future of healthcare by improving patient outcomes, reducing healthcare costs, and addressing unintended surgical complications.
You’ll join a team where everyone – including you – is striving to constantly create innovative technology. We are an incredibly supportive team – we love to pitch in when problems arise and give great peer feedback to help each other grow. We are passionate about lots of things – artificial intelligence, machine learning, autonomous robotics and a great user experience--and we love sharing those passions with each other.
- Fortune 500 Health & Wellness Benefits
- Flexible vacation
Activ Surgical is introducing novel real-time intra-operative vision technology into minimally invasive surgery, meant to augment the traditional surgical video feed with complementary physiologic data.
We are actively seeking a Customer Service Manager to join company in Boston, MA. The Customer Service Manager helps build and maintain the structure surrounding how we provide support for our prospective and current customers. The Customer Service Manager responds to advanced client support tickets submitted through a variety of means (tickets, emails, phone calls, etc.), assists with new customer training and supports new and current accounts.
This role will be expected to work with other members of the engineering, finance, sales, marketing & logistics teams to ensure customer needs and expectations are being met end-to-end. The Customer Service Manager position requires a highly organized, process-driven and creative thinker who can solve unique problems with customers of varying technological literacy and promote a culture of team-based troubleshooting.
- Drive a customer-focused culture to meet and exceed internal and external customer expectations.
- This is a very hands-on role in terms of providing varying levels of customer support. You will be responsible for the daily operations of the customer service department.
- Interact with customers and handle customer queries and complaints in a timely manner.
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports and surveys.
- Develop customer satisfaction goals and coordinate with the team to meet them on a steady basis.
- Maintain accurate records and document all customer service activities and discussions.
- Assess service statistics and prepare detailed reports on your findings.
- Hire and train new customer service agents.
- Set customer service goals for team members and help them achieve those goals.
- Manage the approved budget of the customer service department.
- Motivate, organize, and encourage teamwork within the workforce to ensure all objectives are met
- Create effective customer service procedures, policies, and standards.
- Apply continuous improvement tools and issue tracking to identify and eliminate the root causes of issues that may arise within internal and/or external workflows.
- Participate in teams, committees, events, and training that improve the organization
- Create and maintain departmental reports as required or requested
- Document details of troubleshooting, resolutions provided and other details in our CRM daily
- Support other team members in their duties as needed.
- Bachelor's degree with 7+ years customer service or other relevant experience; supervisory experience preferred.
- Adaptable to fast-paced environments with changing circumstances, direction, and strategy within a diverse organization
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with a history of influencing multiple levels of the organization
- Ability to make logical and accurate decisions using the best available information.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and anticipate needs
- Detail-oriented and well organized
- Passionate about eliminating problems before they occur or after only one occurrence.
- Strong leadership skills, including the capability to drive improvement and challenge the status quo
- Attention to detail, follow directions, logic and critical thinking
- Excellent phone & video (zoom, etc.) presence and customer service skills
- Familiarity with standard office productivity applications
- Knowledge of NetSuite ERP system and other CRM platforms preferred
- Experience supporting healthcare providers or organizations