- Job Title
- 3D Artist
- Job ID
- Work From Home
- SoCal, CA
- Other Location
- Prefers SoCal
This individual will have an opportunity to get their hands on every aspect of the art production pipeline. They will work closely with the AD and Technical Leads to define visual standards and technical specifications of assets for the project, you will create and implement high quality digital artwork meeting the art direction criteria.
What you'll do:
- Work with the Art Director to refine the look and feel for the project.
- Guarantee visual consistency by understating and following the art style guide.
- Work with Technical Art, Engineering and other artists to develop the art and animation creation and integration pipeline.
- Collaborate with Technical Art to create and improve tools and workflows.
- Completing 3D art assets to a high standard without technical supervision.
- Reviewing of assets to maintain consistent quality level and artist feedback.
- Document and communicate technical specifications and visual guides to support game vision.
- Being completely self-critical in assessing the quality of your output and doing so at every stage of the art creation process.
- Actively participate in milestone planning and reviews.
- Provide mentorship for junior team members.
What you'll need:
- Portfolio demonstrating full environment work (not just props) in both 3D software and game engine covering; modeling, surfacing, texturing and lighting.
- Full proficiency in modern game development software.
- Strong technical knowledge of real-time engine budgets and optimizations.
- Knowledge and expertise of the fundamental art principles (color, composition, value/ lighting, anatomy, form, perspective).
- Iterative and agile approach to visual development.
- A deep artistic toolbox with multiple approaches to visual development and problem solving.
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly, and concisely to team, peers, and management.
- Able to level up junior artists through coaching and mentoring.
- Comfortable with both giving and receiving constructive criticism.
- Have a passion for games and understand game development processes.
- Professional attitude and work ethic.
- Excellent soft skills and teamwork.
- Experience in Unity.
- Technical knowledge in PBR, Lighting and Python.
- Portfolio demonstrating hard surface modeling.
- Pay Range
- $80,000.00 Annually to $120,000.00 Annually