Senior AV/Telecom Engineer
- Job Title
- Senior AV/Telecom Engineer
- Job ID
- Ft. Belvoir, VA 22060
- Other Location
Senior AV/Telecom Engineer – Help Desk Support
Primary Site – Fort Belvoir
The Engineer will provide design, planning, acquisition support, configuration, installation and on-site maintenance of all A/V and Telco components.
A/V responsibilities (Primary function):
• Provide support for A/V equipment in 3 Buildings over 2 geographically separated sites.
• Responsible for A/V and Telco inventory, tracking, and repair of all the equipment.
• Creating and updating drawings, providing documentation of all installed systems and modification as needed.
• Creating and updating day to day operational checks to ensure system uptime.
• Design new A/V solutions when required by the customer and provide recommendations for items to be purchased.
• Must be able to work closely with network administrator to achieve common goals.
Telco responsibilities (Secondary function):
• Must be able to monitor and troubleshoot service demarcation points, equipment status, system alerts, and user’s service requests; provide status, document support problems, and conduct repair or replacement actions.
• Proficiently configure, operate, upgrade and ensure maintenance of voicemail systems and Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) equipment.
• Perform routine system configuration changes such as add, move, and change station numbers, assign class of restriction/class of service privileges, install both digital and analog telephone sets, change auto attendant menus, add and delete voice mail boxes, and reset alarms.
• Perform cross connects, cable installation, and similar wiring tasks related to installing and moving equipment. Train users on system features and desk-set telephone and console operation.
• Conduct first tier isolation of problems to particular components, make on-the-spot substitutions of failed items with in-stock spares, and arrange further fault isolation and repair or replacement of failed equipment with outside vendors.
• Document the system configuration and wiring layout, including incoming trunk lines.
Help Desk Support:
• Assist with help desk ticket management, ensuring tickets are opened and resolved per the service level agreement (SLA)
Equipment and software in use:
• AMX Touch panels and programming
• RS-232 Audio Switching equipment
• RS-232 Video Switching Equipment
• Various PTZ and fixed Camera models
• Audio amps and speakers
• Amplified microphone systems including: microphone, pre-amplifier, compressor, and distribution system.
• Fiber Optic interconnecting cables
• Analog and Digital phones
• Encryption devices STE’s and OMNI’s
• 5-10 years’ experience in the AV industry
• Solid audio engineering background
• Have a current Secret Clearance and be eligible for a TS/SCI
• Be able to install equipment, pull cable, label and terminate various low voltage cable types
• Have experience with automated touch panels and their software
• Security+ Certification
• Network+ CE Certification