Sr Manager, Human Resources
- Job Title
- Sr Manager, Human Resources
- Germantown, WI 53022
- Other Location
Summary of RoleThe Senior Manager Human Resources is on the Senior Leadership team for the site. This role is results oriented with a keen ability to influence site leadership to drive a performance-based culture of innovation, accountability, and customer focus. This role will bring leadership skills and gain a deep knowledge of the business across Sterling’s network. Expectations are to scale with the growth of the business, solve problems with creative solutions, and deliver results. The position is responsible for developing a team of HR professionals as well as personally progressing to scale into a future, multi-unit leadership role as the company grows.
Key areas of responsibility include the ability to guide managers through the recruiting, hiring, onboarding, goal setting and performance management process. The Senior Manager Human Resources effectively coaches and develops managers while supporting the business at both a tactical and strategic level. Knowledge of and experience providing counsel for matters of employee relations, employment law, compensation and benefits programs, salary administration, career progression and leadership development is also essential for the role. The position requires execution of the Sterling Values and non-negotiables, as well as expertise in functional competencies included in this position profile.
- Support development & drive implementation of Global HR strategy at a site level in line with the local business strategy while establishing, developing, and maintaining a strong partnership with leaders, employees, and team members to optimize the effectiveness of the organization and foster the Sterling Mindset culture.
- Lead a team of HR professionals that provides site leaders support in near-term and longer-term talent management and planning including headcount planning, staffing initiatives, compensation and rewards, organizational effectiveness, team development, employee relations, performance management, and recognition programs.
- Oversee the employee relations programs and processes that result in promoting a workplace culture that aligns with Sterling guiding principles and supports inclusion.
- Support current and future site needs through the talent development and engagement that assist in attracting and retaining key talent.
- In partnership with the Talent Acquisition area, facilitate and coordinate recruitment and selection process according to Sterling policies and procedures.
- Coordinate with the Total Rewards area to define and review site salary structure and benefits plans and communicate changes or updates.
- Partners with site leadership and the Learning and Development department to support the development and implementation of successful leadership development programs to grow and enable leaders to drive a culture of innovation, accountability, and customer focus.
- Lead projects at a site and global level, influence and obtain buy-in from stakeholders, and then drive execution and achievement of the right results using effective project management skills.
- Assists with conflict resolution and advises on employee relations issues and on the application of Human Resources policies, procedures and practices and employment law, standards, and government regulations.
- Guides, directs, and supports leaders in performance management and corrective action for progressive discipline up to and including the termination decision-making and approval process.
- Conducts exit interviews and analyzes data, making recommendations to the management team for corrective action and continuous improvement.
- Takes the lead on global or company-wide projects and initiatives as assigned. and delegates to repots as needed.
- Attracts, develops, and retains a high performing team or direct reports as assigned to meet the current and evolving needs of the business through effective selection, training, and development, coaching and mentoring and performance management.
- Ensures timely completion and compliance with cGMP and all other relevant company training requirements.
- An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Strong knowledge of the principles and practices of personnel administration.
- Strong knowledge of the organization and operations of administrative programs.
- Good computer skills in Microsoft office specifically Excel and Word.
- Ability to objectively coach employees and management through complex, difficult, and emotional issues.
- Must have the ability to make recommendation to effectively resolve problems or issues, by using judgment that is consistent with standards, practices, policies, procedures, regulation or government law.
- Ability to successfully work with different levels of management.
- Directly leads team of approximately 2-3 direct reports.
- Prior leadership of Human Resources department with all areas of responsibility.
- Strong knowledge of the principles and practices of human resource administration.
- Strong knowledge of the organization and operations of administrative programs.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
- Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources management or business-related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- 15+ years of related human resources experience, including a minimum of 10 years of prior HRBP experience.
- Prior HRBP experience in the pharmaceutical, CDMO and/or manufacturing environments preferred.
- Demonstrated success with stretch assignments that are evidence of superior performance in previous roles (e.g., varied experiences to include but not limited to start-ups, turn-arounds, international assignments, and rapid growth business environments).
- Experience in workforce planning/flex staffing preferred.
- Demonstrated success managing multiple priorities simultaneously - orientated on driving results preferred.
- Preferred experience support of a 24/7 business and British based business that requires schedule flexibility.
- Human Resource professional certification preferred.
- Up to 10% travel required.
- This position is eligible for limited (One Day a week) remote / hybrid work location.
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand/walk. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level is moderate to noisy. Occasionally, employee may be exposed to airborne particles and fumes. Occasionally, employee may be exposed to chemicals. Must have the ability to wear PPE as required. Employee occasionally may be exposed to moving mechanical parts and vibration.
Diversity and Inclusion
Sterling values diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, past or present military service, marital status, gender identification or expression, medical condition (including genetic characteristics) or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
Why Consider Sterling?
Sterling Pharma Solutions is a global contract development and manufacturing organization (CDMO) with more than 50 years’ experience in developing and manufacturing Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs). This is complimented by Antibody Drug Conjugate (ADC) research and development bioconjugation services.
We are a fast growing, dynamic business with facilities in the UK and the US, where we employ more than 800 talented and passionate people who support our customers in bringing new medicines to market, improving and saving the lives of patients.
Our culture and our way of working is what really sets us apart as a business; we aim to deliver an exceptional experience to our customers and our employees. You can expect to be part of a supportive team, all working towards a shared goal: to deliver first-class science and service to our customers every day.