Principal Solutions Architect
- Job Title
- Principal Solutions Architect
- Job ID
- Work From Home
- Work Remote
- Nashville, TN 37221
- Other Location
Principal Solutions Architect – FTE – Remote
Conexess Group is aiding a prominent healthcare client in their search for Principal Solutions Architect to work with product and engineering teams to determine functional and non-functional requirements of software solutions according to the company’s and client’s needs. You will be responsible for helping to create and evangelize technology best practices, technical solutions, and reference architecture to share with the product engineering teams and to assist in technical implementation of the solutions when needed.
As part of our technology team, you will work closely with software engineers, data engineers, product owners, and quality assurance engineers to ensure system security, stability, and availability. You will work with the engineering teams to help design and implement solutions that are standards based, cloud native, scalable, and easily maintained. Communication and organizational skills are key to this position along with an enterprise solutioning mindset.
Strong Communication SkillsNot only do you need to work well with your coworkers, but a major component of your role is communication. Many of the people you assist will not know anywhere near as much as you do about our software nor data engineering processes.
Excellent Organizational SkillsTo work efficiently, you will need to organize both your time and your processes properly.
Building Trust & Personal AccountabilityYou keep promises and honor commitments, accept responsibility for your own actions, are honest and truthful when communicating information, and assume responsibility for dealing with problems, crises, or issues when they arise.
Critical & Analytical ThinkingYou maintain an objective view of situations. You question basic assumptions, apply sound reasoning, understand the complexity of an issue and break it down into manageable pieces, and understand the implications of data and information.
- Work with product stakeholders and engineering to refine priorities and to determine functional and non-functional requirements for software solutions.
- Evaluate and identify appropriate technology platforms for scale and business objectives
- Develop high-level product specifications with attention to system integration and feasibility
- Provide guidance and coaching to engineers in order to ensure adherence to standards and best practices
- Provide strategic guidance on software and cloud solutions, architecture, and agile development processes
- Ensure performance, security, scalability, and availability of software solutions across the enterprise
- Prepare technical documentation and project specifications
- Provide guidance and assist in continuous improvement of the new and existing software solutions and architecture
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Act as mentor and lead trainer when necessary
- 10 +
- Experience with Microservices or Service Oriented Architectures
- Experience with stream processing and messaging platforms such as Kafka, Kinesis, SNS/SQS RabbitMQ, etc.
- Experience with hexagonal architectures and advanced design patterns such as CQS, CQRS, Event Sourcing, Domain Driven Design, etc.
- RDBMS experience with platforms such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, etc.
- Experience with NoSql/Document Database platforms such as MongoDb, Casandra, Couchbase, DynamoDb, etc.
- Cloud experience preferably in AWS using managed services and designing containerized or serverless solutions
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code using tools like Terraform, CloudFormation, ARM Templates, etc.
- Experience with Git and CI/CD tools and paradigms.
- Understanding of SDLC and Agile development methodologies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.