Senior Software Engineer - Remote
- Job Title
- Senior Software Engineer - Remote
- Job ID
- Work From Home
- Work Remote
- Nashville, TN 37221
- Other Location
Senior Software Engineer – FTE – Remote
We offer a Software as a Solution (SaaS) platform that connects previously disparate data from within an electronic medical record and transforms it into the type of clinical insight that can help providers determine appropriate care and reimbursement.
Additionally, this platform is used as a conduit to connect the provider to the payer, helping break down the information silos that result in denied claims, administrative burden, and strained relationships.
What You’ll Do
We are looking for an exceptional Software Engineer to design scalable, reliable, secure, and extensible software solutions according to our company’s and client’s needs. You will be responsible for developing, testing, improving and maintaining new and existing line of business applications and platforms.
As part of our team, you will work closely with software engineers, data engineers, business analysts, and quality assurance analysts to ensure system security, stability, and availability. You will also collaborate with support teams to provide technical support and work with product owners to determine and understand new product requirements. Communication and organizational skills are keys to this position along with a problem-solving attitude.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible to help drive the day to day operations of a software engineering team.
- Architect, design, code, and test line of business systems and applications.
- Build, monitor, and maintain streaming data pipelines and system integrations.
- Build, monitor, and maintain RDBMS solutions.
- Operational support of applications and technology platforms.
- Ensure performance, security, and availability of software solutions.
- Prepare technical documentation and project specifications.
- Ability to manage daily development tasks in Jira or similar tools.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
- Serve as mentor to Junior Engineers
- 5+ years as a software engineer with solid experience in .net/C# or node.js
- RDBMS experience with platforms such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, etc.
- Cloud experience preferably in AWS
- Experience with Git and CI/CD tools and paradigms.
- Understanding of SDLC and Agile development methodologies.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or relevant experience.
- Experience with NoSql/Document Database platforms such as MongoDb, Casandra, Couchbase, DynamoDb, etc.
- Experience with stream processing and messaging platforms such as Kafka, Kinesis, SNS/SQS RabbitMQ, etc.
- Experience using infrastructure as code to manage cloud services using tools such as Terraform, CloudFormation, Azure Resource Manager templates, etc.
- Experience with Docker and serverless API’s.
- Advanced design patterns such as CQS, CQRS, Event Sourcing, Event Driven Design, Microservice Design Concepts, etc.
Physical Demands & Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
We’ve Got You Covered On…
Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
401(k) with match