Director of Application Development
- Job Title
- Director of Application Development
- Job ID
- Farmington Hills, MI 48334
- Other Location
In need of a Director of Application Development to lead the technical aspects of ODE’s application development. This role will engage their team and work with cross-functional groups in the design, development, and delivery of industry changing products.
• Develop, test, and implement custom software applications to improve operational efficiency and effectiveness in-line with corporate strategy.
• Work closely with Application Architects to design the company's application platform. This includes a focus on application interfaces, high-end user experiences, secure application development, and scalable database designs.
• Work with internal business teams to evaluate complex product requirements, service levels, business processes and other contractual/regulatory obligations.
• Breakdown complex requirements into independent architectural components and collaborate
with technology leaders through the full software development lifecycle.
• Continuously improve the reliability and scalability of existing software applications and data integrations.
• Troubleshoot and solve software and data integration issues, remediating the problem, identifying root-cause, and providing system improvement recommendations.
• Foster a collaborative culture that facilitates the achievement of business plan objectives by working closely with other associates and members of management.
Desired Knowledge & Skills
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or Computer Engineering
• 8+ years of experience within Software Development.
• Strong communication and relationship building skills, with the ability to interpret and summarize data to aid management in achieving strategic and operational goals.
• Results-oriented manager who can build and lead a business-focused, time-sensitive, innovative
and cost-effective technology organization.
• Demonstrates high degree of personal accountability and sets high standards.
• Proven ability to multi-task and manage several concurrent projects and initiatives