Sr Product Manager (Upstream)
- Job Title
- Sr Product Manager (Upstream)
- Job ID
- Work Hybrid
- Boston, MA 02210
- Other Location
Founded in 2017, Activ Surgical is a first-of-its kind digital surgery company focused on improving surgical efficiency, accuracy, patient outcomes and accessibility for both endoscopic and robotically-assisted procedures. Activ Surgical’s scalable and patent-protected surgical software platform technology is driven by computer vision, artificial intelligence, analytics and machine learning to enhance a surgeon’s intra-operative decision making and reduce unintended and preventable surgical complications.
Activ Surgical is looking for individuals who are interested in shaping the future of healthcare by improving patient outcomes, reducing healthcare costs, and addressing unintended surgical complications.
You’ll join a team where everyone—including you—is striving to constantly create innovative technology. We are an incredibly supportive team–we love to pitch in when problems arise and give great peer feedback to help each other grow. We are passionate about lots of things—artificial intelligence, machine learning, autonomous robotics and a great user experience--and we love sharing those passions with each other.
Fortune 500 Health & Wellness
This position will play a pivotal role in building Activ Surgical’s position in the Advanced Surgical Imaging and Computer Vision segments. This position requires a passion for medical technology innovation, product marketing excellence, and addressing today’s most pressing healthcare needs. We are looking for a candidate with experience in MedTech Product Management to accelerate our product pipeline development efforts.
The Sr. Product Manager (Upstream) will empower highly innovative product teams, guiding teams towards effective product definition and planning within an agile start-up environment, orchestrating the various activities associated with ensuring that a product is delivered that meets the needs of patients, surgical care providers, and the business. This role reports to the Director of Marketing.
- Build upon the current product portfolio and evolve current products based on assessing and forecasting market opportunity for the next generation.
- Identify key marketing criteria to assess early-stage product initiatives and partner cross-functionally to develop product concept and feasibility evaluation plans.
- Interface closely with surgical professionals, technical experts and business leadership to craft business plans, value proposition, requirements, and claims roadmap.
- Function as a bridge between Research, Innovation, Data Initiatives, and the broader Commercial team; set out a vision for the product; ensure collaboration within product team.
- Supports industry educational meetings, development labs, customer meetings and strategic meetings. Ability to travel within the US and internationally, averaging 30 – 40% overall. However, monthly travel may range from close to 0% to 80% or more.
- Bachelor’s Degree, ideally in a technical discipline. MBA preferred.
- 7-10 years Product Management in surgical medtech with experience taking products from ideation to concept, ensuring successful commercialization.
- Experience collaborating with surgeons and engineers on surgical visualization hard ware and software development preferred; experience in general, gynecologic, urologic surgery preferred; experience in both start-up and large strategic environments preferred.
- Results oriented and collaborative, with the ability to provide product leadership from early inception, while motivating all players, internal and external, to bring the project to a successful completion.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively engage and influence all stakeholders in a dynamic organization.
- Self-motivated, driven by the desire to make an impact on the long-term success of Activ Surgical and in the lives of patients.