Data Solution Architect
- Job Title
- Data Solution Architect
- Job ID
- Dearborn, MI
- Other Location
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
The Data Solution Architect is responsible for leading the effort to establish a best-in-class data architecture to support the continued growth and success. This role is central to driving modernization and maturity in data platform strategy including analytics, operational reporting, integration, lineage/glossary, as well as data process standards and practices including data protection, data governance, and data quality.
Create a future state data platform strategy which maximizes our investments and drives consistency, simplicity, and sophistication of our data landscape.
- Research and document end-to-end data flows to communicate current state and desired future state for critical business processes.
- Work collaboratively with business users, application owners, and platform owners to drive towards a desired and aligned future state data architecture.
- Research modern data management practices and platforms and provide thought leadership to the rest of the IT organization.
- Participate in architectural reviews with project teams to ensure the solutions adhere to data architecture standards.
- Seeks opportunities to modernize data architecture via active projects, pilots, as well as advocating for opportunities to improve technical debt.
- Keenly aware of the application portfolio, looks for patterns and advocates for enterprise solutions to solve broad-reaching issues.
- Partner with BI/Analytics team on the analytical data platform architecture
- Partners with legal, compliance, and security teams to ensure the protection of data via data classification, data governance, and data management activities.
- Partners with application development teams on operational reporting architecture and archival strategies.
- Maintain a corporate repository of all data architecture artifacts and procedures
- Coach, mentor, and lead technical project resources-internal and external
- Contribute to the overall IT strategy and develops application roadmaps
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent years of experience required in Computer Science or Related Field
- 8-10 years’ experience architecting and rollout out enterprise systems and processes including the following:
- 5 years of experience in information architecture
- Strong knowledge in software development practices and methodologies.
- Strong knowledge of modern analytics methodologies, principles, and platforms.
- Strong design skills, including ability to conceptualize complex data flows/transformations and translate to those into sequence of steps that can be implemented
- Proficient knowledge of various development and analysis tools
- Demonstrated ability to resolve difficult problems and implement solutions that may exceed the scope of initial client/user requirements.
- Experience in developing enterprise level applications.
- Experience in user experience modeling, information design, and concept generation
- Strong IT technical background with experience in enterprise data management
- Proven ability to lead the development and implementation of systems and projects.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the proven ability to communicate with all levels including management.