Global Purchasing Manager - Electronics (Novi, MI – 50% On-site/50% Flex – based on work needs - Hybrid) - Direct Hire
- Job Title
- Global Purchasing Manager - Electronics (Novi, MI – 50% On-site/50% Flex – based on work needs - Hybrid) - Direct Hire
- Job ID
- Work Hybrid
- Novi, MI 48377
- Other Location
Global Purchasing Manager - Electronics
Novi, MI – 50% On-site/50% Flex – based on work needs - Hybrid
$110,000/yr. - $135,000/yr. + 12% Bonus (Manager Level) – Full-time Senior Level
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
Develops and implements supply base strategy for electronics commodity globally (EMS/ECU/PCB).
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in manufacturing engineering, business or related discipline.
- 5+ years automotive material and purchasing experience.
- Commodities including but not limited to: electronics, EMS, ECU and PCB.
- Strong knowledge and exposure with manufacturing processes and production issues
- Ability to deliver results.
- Ability to influence others and gain alignment on direction.
- Highly developed time management and follow up skills and the ability to multi-task
- Self-starter, excellent people and problem solving skills, strong task ownership and superior work ethic.
- Excellent communication, presentation and negotiation skills are essential in this role.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops and implements the global commodity strategy on a global level leading a team of four direct reports.
- Leads the development and implementation of the global commodity strategy for electronics, ECU and PCB.
- Works with his/her commodity team to evaluate supplier quotations in order to obtain the best overall purchase cost on behalf of the company.
- Manages RFQ’s through his/her commodity team to the supply base according to the commodity strategy and in order to support program goals (current and new)
- Manages and supports his/her commodity team in supplier cost structure evaluation to obtain best overall value on behalf of our client.
- Leading and supporting his/her commodity team in negotiating and implementing 1+3 glide path tasks
- Manages and supports his/her commodity team in awarding business through sourcing council, purchase orders, and within the framework of the strategic commodity plan for current business and/or re-sourcing; following the set purchasing process’, guidelines and policies.
- Leading and supporting his/her commodity team to establish supplier Long Term Agreements and supplier long term agreement terms for current and/or resourcing business.
- Leading and supporting his/her commodity team to establish supplier credit and pay terms and the completion of credit applications.
- Collect and report purchasing related information to global commodity function lead and HQ as required.
- Keeps management informed on commercial issues through communications; aids and assists the tem with reports, presentations etc.
- Utilizes a total cost approach to optimizing piece prices for assigned commodity, strategy to include but not limited to bundling, global sourcing, multiple sources/competition, specification changes, process optimization, value analysis/value engineering, logistics, and payment term improvement.
- Works with a cross-functional team in support of the assigned commodity, including: Program Management, Engineering, Production Control and Logistics, Supplier Quality Development and Quality departments.
- Leading and supporting his/her commodity team to coordinate supplier development, consolidation and reduction programs.
- Leading and supporting his/her commodity team driving cost savings initiatives, with negotiation, alternate sourcing strategies and qualifying potential suppliers.
- Within a given commodity, assure purchasing leveraging is optimized by providing oversight of the consolidated buy for all the Groups.
- Practices and maintains integrity within his/her team, in all business dealings.
- Creates a positive work environment by demonstrating open communication and sharing functional and technical knowledge.
- Leading by example and supporting his/her commodity team to perform all job functions in a safe and healthful manner, abiding by all health, safety and environmental rules.
- Follow the guidelines and rules as set out by the Employee’s handbook and Company policies and procedures.
- Complies with the designated ISO 14001 responsibilities related to effective management in accordance with Environmental Management System (EMS).
Health, Safety and Environmental
Ensure safe practices prior to working on any equipment as to prevent harm to himself/herself and to others (i.e., lockout procedure, barricading areas, safe handling of materials, etc.). This includes making supervisor aware of any unsafe procedures or areas so that corrective actions can be taken.
According to Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA) Section 28, Subsection (1) (a), (b), (c), and (d); a worker shall:
- Work in compliance with the provisions of the Act and the regulations;
- Use or wear the equipment, protective devices or clothing that his employer requires to be used or worn;
- Report to his or her employer or supervisor the absence of or defect in any equipment or protective device of which the worker is aware and which may endanger himself, herself or another worker;
- Report to his or her employer or supervisor any contravention of the Act or the regulations or the existence of any hazard of which he or she knows
In addition to the above, a worker is responsible to ensure that they are in compliance with the divisions’:
- Rules and regulations as outlined in the divisions’ Employee Handbook.
- Health and Safety policies and procedures as outlined in the divisions’ Health and Safety Management System.
- Environmental policies and procedures as outlined in the divisions’ Environmental Management System.
#LI-REMOTE (50/50 Split hybrid in Novi, MI)#LI-CB1