Data Architect (REMOTE)
- Job Title
- Data Architect (REMOTE)
- Job ID
- Work From Home
- Work Remote
- Melbourne, FL 32904
- Other Location
ThunderYard Solutions is working with the Department of Veterans Affairs to migrate and modernize a large proprietary data store to a modern commercial Electronical Health Record solution.
The Data Warehouse Architect will participate in the design of the technical and information architecture for the data warehouse, including all information structures (staging area, data warehouse, data marts, and operational data stores). The Data Warehouse Architect will focus on enterprise-wide data modeling and database design and will create logical and physical data models, mapping logical to physical.
The Architect will coordinate the work of other team members to design, develop, test, monitor, manage, and validate data warehouse activity, including data extraction, transformation, movement, loading, cleansing, and updating processes.
The Data Warehouse Architect will coordinate with other Data Warehouse IT stakeholders to ensure overall health and performance of the data warehouse environment and works with end users to translate business questions and requirements into applications that employ the appropriate reporting tools.
Additionally, the Architect will assist in monitoring system performance, reliability, availability, and recoverability of the DW environment and assist in the evaluation, selection, testing, and optimization of BI/DW related hardware and software products.
Required Education: Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field.
Required Experience: Five or more years of experience with data warehousing and business intelligence and/or large and complex database management systems.
- A successful candidate should also have strong relational and dimensional data modeling and database design skills and have hands-on experience using ETL tools.
- The candidate should possess interviewing, observing, questioning, and analyzing skills and have a working knowledge of model-based development.
- The candidate should be customer-oriented with excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills and be comfortable preparing and presenting complex material to audiences of varying backgrounds and areas of expertise.
- A successful candidate will demonstrate an ability to investigate complex business problems, develop effective recommendations, negotiate and/or present solutions, and resolve problems in a highly professional and tactful manner.
- The candidate should be highly organized and able to set priorities effectively.
Preferred Qualifications and Relevant Experience:
- SQL Server and T-SQL expertise
- Agile development management experience
- JIRA/Azure DevOps experience
- Healthcare data experience
- VA Vista/Millennium/CDW experience
- Microsoft reporting tools (SSRS, PowerBI) experience
- Previous Government experience, especially the VA
- Preference for person with current VA network access and Tier 3 Public Trust