Dexter is a world leader in developing and producing safe, reliable trailer components for the markets we serve – all thanks to our exceptional team of employees. We give you the chance to be part of a growing company dedicated to quality products and superior customer service. We give you the chance to make a difference.
- Job Title
- Metro Driver
- Job ID
- Caldwell, ID 83607
- Other Location
Now Hiring a Metro Driver in Caldwell, ID!
The nation’s leading distributor of trailer parts and supplies is hiring a Metro Driver in Caldwell, ID. Are you a results-oriented individual with strong leadership qualities and the desire to develop your professional skills at a standout company? The Metro Driver position at Dexter (Legacy Redneck Trailer Supplies) could be the perfect fit for you! Apply today for an opportunity to build your career with our team!
The pay rate for this position is $17.50 per hour.
Your Responsibilities as Metro Driver:
The Metro Driver will drive trucks over established routes to deliver products, collect payments from customers (as needed), and record transactions on customer receipts. This individual will also collect or pick up empty containers or returned merchandise, obtain customer signature on receipt for pickup or delivery, and clean the truck. The driver must follow all federal and company mandated safety and vehicle regulations.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
● Perform pre-trip and post-trip safety inspections on delivery equipment and submit/maintain required DVIR (Drivers Vehicle Inspection Report)
● Check load to ensure safe and undamaged delivery of products; refuse load if not safely loaded or if equipment is defective
● Keep interior and exterior of truck/trailer combination neat and clean
● Provide feedback to branch management about customers
● Locate and return any company property
● Operate vehicles and equipment in a safe manner compliant with all Federal and State laws and regulations while driving defensively to avoid accidents, injuries and property damage
● Perform vehicle maintenance as directed by management including minor repairs, taking equipment to have service done, recommending repair options
● Present required information to assist with obtaining quotes for parts/service from repair shops, for future services needed.
● Perform warehouse duties as needed
● Follow personal safe work practices at all times, use all personal protective equipment, and report all safety issues accurately and promptly
● Complete all other assignments/projects as assigned by management in a timely manner
Why You’ll Love Working for Us
Dexter Axle (Legacy Redneck Trailer Supplies-Rockwell American) offers a competitive salary package which includes:
● Paid vacation and holidays
● Medical-dental-life-vision insurance
● 401K and profit sharing
What You’ll Need
We are looking for a candidate that will take our core values to heart and has a strong drive to succeed in our industry. This position requires strong leadership abilities and strong organization and planning skills.
● High school diploma or equivalent required*
● 6 months prior experience driving comparable equipment (no mileage requirement)
● Examples of comparable vehicles include, but are not limited to: heavy duty pick up, walk in van, city delivery truck, box truck, bucket truck, straight bed truck, ranging in a GVWR of 10,001 lbs up to 26,000 lbs
● Must be at least 25 years of age
● A valid driver’s license as required by federal/state law
● Must be able to obtain and maintain a valid medical certificate
● Ability to work weekends and overtime as needed
● Capable of lifting objects of variable sizes up to 50 pounds
*Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
Pre-employment drug screen and background & credit check required.
Dexter Axle (Legacy Redneck Trailer Supplies) is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Option 1: Create a New Profile
This careers page is maintained and operated by Source2.