Cybersecurity Consultant - Cydekick
- Job Title
- Cybersecurity Consultant - Cydekick
- Job ID
- Work From Home
- Work Remote
- Work Hybrid
- Irvine, CA 92618
- Other Location
The Cydekick will report to the Director of Member Delivery and will help shape the future of Cyvatar’s Delivery Team. This role will be dedicated to making Cyvatar members the heroes of their security journey.
This will be an experienced and seasoned veteran in cyber security, technology consulting, platform implementation, and customer focus. Having delivered multiple successful large-scale engagements. The Cydekicks are a fast paced group able to consume and deliver a broad array of technologies with the highest level of efficiency possible. While focusing not only on the security needs of Cyvatar members, but also look for methods to enable Cyvatar members to focus on growing their business with confidence in their security.
What to look forward to in this role:
- Implement cybersecurity solutions efficiently with the highest quality of customer service.
- Provide thought leadership internally and externally by writing blog posts, articles, white papers or hosting webinars.
- Assist with development of cybersecurity roadmap plans for customers which will enable them to execute upon strategies.
- Articulate conceptual, logical and physical solutions to bring to the customer to facilitate outcomes for their compliance and security needs.
- Undertake Threat, Vulnerability and Risk analysis methodologies/techniques and the interpretation/application of their output in the definition of Security Architectures.
- Demonstrate cybersecurity expertise across multiple solution areas.
- Lead discussions with Client executives on broad as well as specific subject matter.
- Present to large groups, speaking with confidence and authority.
- Handle difficult questions and consistently win support from client audiences.
- Envision consulting approach and deliverables for new areas of work for Cyvatar.
- Apply broad awareness of the security/ technology space as a whole.
- Establish industry expertise through writing, speaking or online presence.
- Contribute to industry groups and/or publications
Experience that will aide in the success of this position:
- Bachelor's degree or approximately 10-15 years of related work experience
- Approximately 8-10 years of in-depth consulting and implementation experience
- High degree of business acumen
- Experience within multiple established Security Architecture and/or Enterprise Architectural Frameworks
- High degree of knowledge of security concepts and methods such as vulnerability assessments, datafication, privacy assessments, incident response, security policy creation, enterprise security strategies, architectures and governance
- Prior experience with Endpoint Detection and Response tools, Active Directory trusts and architectures, and privileged access management
- Strong understanding of networking (TCP/IP, OSI model), operating system fundamentals (Windows, UNIX, mainframe), security technologies (firewalls, IDS/IPS, etc.) and application programming/scripting languages (C, Java, Perl, Shell)
- Strong understanding of regulatory requirements and compliance issues affecting clients related to privacy and data protection, such as PCI DSS, GLBA, Basel II, EU Data Protection Directive, International Cross Border, and U.S. State Data Privacy Laws
- Technical architecture experience integrating data protection software into clients' infrastructure; network architecture design, implementation and administration
- Working knowledge of operating systems, virtual machine environments, mainframe security packages, and relational database management systems
- The successful candidate must hold or be willing to pursue related professional certifications such as the CISSP, CISM, and/or CISA
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong written and presentational skills; ability to clearly communicate complex messages to a variety of audiences
- Possess high standard of integrity and confidentiality
What Cyvatar provides to you:
- A culture built on passion, humility, transparency, trust, accountability, and positive vibes
- Excellent Medical, Vision & Dental coverage with various options to choose from
- 401k Savings Plan
- Open PTO policy
- Health Care Flexible Spending Account Plan
- Health Savings Account Program
- Short-term and Long-term Disability Benefits
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) (liveandworkwell.com)
- Wellbeing Resources
- Adoption Assistance Program
- Educational Assistance Program
- Training and Development
- “Work Perks” through our Insperity portal