Dexter is a world leader in developing and producing safe, reliable trailer components for the markets we serve – all thanks to our exceptional team of employees. We give you the chance to be part of a growing company dedicated to quality products and superior customer service. We give you the chance to make a difference.
- Job Title
- Maintenance Technician
- Job ID
- Monticello, GA 31064
- Other Location
Hiring Immediately! Production, Construction, Manufacturing, and General Laborer industry workers encouraged to apply today in Monticello, GA
Are you someone who enjoys a career where you can make a lasting impact? Does the thought of working with a team of all-stars crafting high quality products excite you? If you’re an individual who takes immense pride in the quality of work you produce and have a personal commitment to safety, you should apply to join our team as one of our Maintenance Technicians!
We currently have open opportunities for a 1st Shift Maintenance Technician in our Monticello facility. Starting pay up to $28.00/hour.
Dexter is the premier supplier and manufacturer of axles, doors, venting products, and related components. We proudly manufacture axles for the utility trailer, boat trailer, recreational vehicle, heavy duty, and manufactured housing markets. Our customers choose the Dexter brand for our commitment to high quality and on-time products. We currently employ over 2,800 people throughout 18 manufacturing facilities across the United States and Canada.
Our Maintenance Technicians are primarily responsible for providing a high level of troubleshooting, problem solving, repair for all production equipment and facilities including mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic machinery. Provides technical leadership to others in the maintenance department and other departments.
Maintenance Technicians are responsible for the following:
• Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on engines, motors, pneumatic tools,conveyor systems, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
• Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
• Removes defective devices by dismantling,using hoists, cranes, and hand and power tools; examining form and texture of parts.
• Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts; using rules, calipers, micrometers,and other measuring instruments.
• Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, and straightedges.
• Controls downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance.
• Fabricates repair parts by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment.
• Reads and understands ladder logic and control wiring diagrams.
• Demonstrates excellent electrical troubleshooting skills using multimeter while following all applicable safety standards.
• Designs and performs electrical control wiring changes and improvements to enhance equipment operation.
Why You’ll Love Working for Us (Our Benefits)
Dexter offers a competitive salary along with comprehensive benefits. Our benefits package includes:
• Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
• Short & Long-Term Disability
• Flexible Spending Account
• Health Savings Account
• 401(k) plan with company contributions
What We Need from You (Our Requirements)
• 3 + years of relevant experience in a manufacturing environment
• Working knowledge of production equipment (mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic, etc.)
• Ability to troubleshoot, diagnose all aspects of electrical controls, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic equipment problems.
• Strong experience with Microsoft office products.
• Ability to read, convert and understand fractions, decimals, millimeters, centimeters, feet and inches.
• Experience with Electrical DC and AC up to 460 volts is required.
• Flexibility and ability to adapt quickly to an ever changing priority structure.
• Be safety conscious, detail oriented, and work well with others in a team environment
• Be able to lift up to 55lbs
• Flexible to work overtime as required
Even Better If You Have (Preferred)
• Experience with Allen Bradley PLC's is a plus.
• Associates degree in Maintenance or related field preferred.
• Any associated licenses are a plus.
Text "DEXTER" to 25000 to Apply!
Dexter is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Option 1: Create a New Profile
This careers page is maintained and operated by Source2.