Senior Director of E-Commerce
- Job Title
- Senior Director of E-Commerce
- Job ID
- Fredericksburg, VA 22408
- Other Location
Rappahannock Goodwill Industries (RGI) is searching for a Senior Director of E-Commerce. The Senior Director of E-Commerce establishes and manages ecommerce strategies and operations. They’re responsible for increasing revenue and reaching ecommerce goals that align with RGI’s strategic plan. This role combines sales, marketing, technology, and management expertise to develop a plan that delivers a superior brand and shopping experience for customers. The Senior Director – Ecommerce collaborates effectively with colleagues and serves as the Organization’s Subject Matter Expert on Ecommerce – demonstrating strong business judgement and providing qualified recommendations to senior leaders to support global business decision-making. Ability to assess and synthesize large volumes of information as it pertains to the organization (not just the ecommerce department). Has excellent interpersonal skills to collaborate with colleagues in brick-and-mortar stores, HR, IT, Marketing and Accounting. Possesses superior organizational and multi-tasking abilities and is competent in a range of software programs and platforms.
- Orchestrates ecommerce strategies, best practices, and customer relationships to dive the business from a holistic approach.
- Facilitates operations, fulfillment, digital merchandising, and digital marketing to drive continuous operational innovation.
- Participates in the development and execution of strategic and tactical business plans with other members of the cross functional team, supporting the ecommerce strategy.
- Establishes and reports on key performance indicators (KPIs), with a focus on return on investment (ROI).
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with business unit leaders within the organization, along with key online retailers/partners.
- Plans, executes, and evaluates product launches.
- Implements demand forecasting, budgeting, and profit and loss management.
- Develops recommendations for promotional activity enhancements and product offerings.
- Works with members of the retail team including Senior Director – Retail Operations, and Store Management on itemizing item selection to be sent to ecommerce.
- Uses marketing techniques to attract new customers and direct purchases on-site.
- Proposes creative new projects that attract prospects and convert leads.
- Tests new approaches to capturing existing demand and identifies new areas of ecommerce opportunities beyond current organizational thinking.
- Connects departments, including sales, marketing, customer service, operations, and finance, to solve problems and improve the customer experience.
- Substantial leadership experience and the ability to identify, prioritize, and articulate highest-impact initiatives.
- Exhibits strategic innovation in ecommerce with a track record of strong business judgment and decision-making skills.
- Proven success developing, executing, and maintaining sophisticated digital commerce brand strategies, successful delivery of business value, near and mid-term growth for a brand.
- Demonstrates strong business judgement and decision-making skills, ability to identify, prioritize, and articulate highest impact initiatives.
- Knowledgeable of ecommerce platforms.
- Ability to manage a large diverse team.
- Professional experience in user interface (UI), user experience (UX), search engine optimization (SEO), and omnichannel marketing experience is a plus.
- Utilizes comprehensive knowledge of ecommerce technologies and tactics, especially in product experience management (PXM), digital asset management (DAM).
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- At least 3 years of experience in E-Commerce management, 5 years of prior experience in E-Commerce experience is a high-volume operation strongly preferred.
- Ability to stand and move around for extended periods, lift objects up to 50 pounds, pushing/pulling, bending/stooping, reaching, turning and repetitive motions.
- Manufacturing environment with exposure to dust, dirt, and noise.
- Travel as necessary (10%)
In addition to pay and benefits, you will receive valuable training and experience. Best of all, when you come to work, you’ll know that your efforts make a meaningful difference in countless lives and communities. Join the Goodwill team and you will find more than a job…You will find a career with a cause!
To learn more about our company and team, please visit our website: www.fredgoodwill.org
Rappahannock Goodwill Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Rappahannock Goodwill Industries, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our team and the communities we serve. We encourage all to apply because we believe a diversity of voices leads to better discussions, decisions, and outcomes for everyone.
- Pay Range
- $80,000.00 Annually to $90,000.00 Annually